Beta Call: Wednesday, 24 April, 12pm EST

Hi everyone! Our next call will be on Wednesday, 24 April at 12pm EST, at our usual link: https://zoom.us/j/823542284. The agenda includes:

• Project updates
  • Adaptations Overview

If you can’t make it, let us know below and include a short update about your project!

Sorry I won’t be able to make it to this call! I have a student presenting a paper at our undergrad research fair and her presentation is right in the middle of the call!

Hi Andre, no worries, thanks for letting us know. We’ll share the recording soon after, and hopefully you can make our next call (details coming soon).

Good luck to the student – sounds like a great opportunity for her to present her research!

@cleblanc, @dbraunsc, @allisonbrown, @michelle.reed, @Deborah.Amory, @naomi.wahls, @sujones, @hagman, @amandataintor.at, @amanda.taintor, @rhersha, @carrie.cuttler, @danaleighton, @jessica.kirschner3, @kirschnerj2, @scrissin

Reminder: Our call is today, 12pm EST! Agenda is in the first post above. :slight_smile:

As always, please let us know if you can’t make the call, by replying below. The recording will be shared soon after. @zoe and I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

I’ll probably actually get to be there
J

Excellent! It’ll be great to see you again. :smiley: Talk soon!

Hi folks, thanks so much for joining us at our call today! Really good to see your projects moving along, and busy though it may be right now, it’s going to be worth it! :slight_smile:

Here’s some of the resources or links shared on the call:

Our Adaptations overview is moving into editing and formatting stages and you will all see a link to it very soon!

A piece of news for those who weren’t on the call: anyone can Start a Project on this platform, and receive a dedicated project home & discussion space. So if you know anyone working on an open textbook project, please feel free to share the link above with them!

Lastly, I’m wondering if there will be any attendees at the Library Publishing Forum or Creative Commons Summit? Our next call would have been on May 10th at 12pm EST, but if there’s a lot of you that won’t be able to make it, we can reschedule accordingly. Please let us know.

PS: @allisonbrown sorry I couldn’t do a proper goodbye during the call. I think that the link to the LGTBQ+ Studies project on Rebus Projects you shared during the call is up and working again – could you confirm the same? @zoe and you could also sidebar if needed.

1 Like

Thanks Apurva! I’ll be at the CC Summit on the 10th - will I see some of you there?

And @allisonbrown and I managed to narrow down the bug. It’s only affecting project creators (not other admins) when they try to view an activity. Not convenient, but at least others coming to the project can see them, and project creators can still edit activities. In the bug backlog it goes!

2 Likes

Aha, thanks for more details about the bug. Hope you and Allison can figure it out!

As for the summit, will anyone else be joining Zoe? @cleblanc, @dbraunsc, @allisonbrown, @michelle.reed, @Deborah.Amory, @naomi.wahls, @hagman, @amandataintor.at, @amanda.taintor, @rhersha, @carrie.cuttler, @danaleighton, @scrissin?

We know that @jessica.kirschner will be at the Library Publishing Forum, but that @sujones will be around for a call on May 10th if we decide to go ahead with this date.

I’ll finalize the date next week, so please try to let us know in the next few days if May 10th won’t work for you. Till then! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@cleblanc, @dbraunsc, @allisonbrown, @michelle.reed, @Deborah.Amory, @naomi.wahls, @sujones, @hagman, @amandataintor.at, @amanda.taintor, @rhersha, @carrie.cuttler, @danaleighton, @jessica.kirschner, @scrissin

As promised, here’s a link to the Adaptation Overview in The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far)! Hope you find this useful, and as always, let us know your feedback as you read through or use this section.

Hoping so see some of you at our final call in a few weeks!