Project Summary: Media Innovation & Entrepreneurship

Hi @corinne-hamel-taylor Glad to hear of your interest in the project! We ask that our peer reviewers for these chapters be teaching or have taught media entrepreneurship in a college or university environment, and have specific subject matter expertise in the chapter they’ll be reviewing. But we’d love for you to be involved in the project in another way. I think your instructional design expertise would lend itself well to contributing to v.2 of the book in which we are hoping to add more ancillary materials, assignments and an instructor edition. Would you be interested in reviewing v2 exercises and ancillaries for instructional design?

@lizmays Absolutely! Let me know when you need me…

I would be happy to do any copy editing or proofreading. I have professional experience in both. My undergraduate degree was in media studies and I have a master’s in library and information science. Let me know if I can help!

Hi @marykathleenb86, You are fantastic! Thank you so much. I’ll be in touch in the next week or two to coordinate logistics. We look forward to having you onboard!

I’d be happy to do proofreading or copy editing for this project. I’m a graduate student in English and film studies, and I am currently part of the copy editing team at Feral Feminisms (an online peer-reviewed journal).

Hi @leanne Thank you so much. I am hoping / expecting to have the chapters needing this to you early next week.

Hi @marykathleenb86 Just an update: All of the v1 chapters are now in. The last five are being edited for subject matter now. I am hoping to send some of those your way early next week.

@lizmays Sounds great!

@oucroom I have sent you the pitching chapter to your OU email for review. Let me know if there is a better way to get it to you. @leanne and @marykathleenb86 I am sorry for the delay. The two chapters I want to send to you are held up in substantive editing. Really really hoping to send these your way soon.

@lizmays No worries. Thanks for the update!

@leanne Hi Leanne, OK, if you have time, would you be able to take a proofread of this chapter? https://press.rebus.community/media-innovation-and-entrepreneurship/chapter/customer-discovery/ Since this is already formatted, not sure the best way to send edits, but any of these would work:

1. You can log in to hypothesis and highlight / annotate areas on the web book itself in the JMC folder.
  2. I can send you a PDF if you want to add comments that way.
  3. You or I can pop the text into a Google doc and you can use “comments” to point out anything that needs changing. (I do not want to bulk replace the text).
  4. Other…

We are looking for a proofread with may the occasional light copy edit suggestion. In particular, I would appreciate your proofreading the footnotes, which were done in haste. Ideal format would look something like First, Last, “Title of Article if available.” Place of publication. Date if available. Link. OR Website title, Link.

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.

@lizmays I’d be happy to proofread and copy edit this chapter. I’ll use Hypothes.is to highlight and annotate the document. Shall I message you here to tell you when I’ve finished?

@leanne Hi Leanne, You are wonderful. This sounds like a perfect approach. Thank you!

@lizmays Hello again! I forgot to ask: When do you need this back?

@leanne Hi Leanne, It’s in a live beta, but people probably won’t start using it until the week after next, so ideally late this week or mid-next week?

@lizmays No problem!

@lizmays Hi Leanne. If you have anything ready, you can send it my way.

@marykathleenb86 Sorry. I meant to address that to Liz.

@marykathleenb86 Hi Mary Kathleen,
Thank you! There is this that needs a look (basically these are the two articles that got the least time in editing): https://press.rebus.community/media-innovation-and-entrepreneurship/chapter/pitching-ideas/ For this one, we would be looking for proofreading, egregious issues and minor copy edits.
Again, three ways to do this:
1.You can log in to hypothesis and highlight / annotate areas on the web book itself in the JMC folder.
2.I can send you a PDF if you want to add comments that way.
3.You or I can pop the text into a Google doc and you can use “comments” to point out anything that needs changing. (We do not want to bulk replace the text that’s already been formatted).
4. Other…

Thanks for anything you can do!

Ok. I’ll work on the web book itself. I expect I’ll be finished before the end of the weekend, and I’ll let you know when I’m through.