Q&A for The OER Starter Kit for Program Managers

Hello, Rebus Community!

This Discussion Board has been created for those of you who are interested in our project, The OER Starter Kit for Program Managers. Please use this Discussion Board to share any questions you might have about our book and its progress.

For those interested in participating as a peer reviewer on the project, you can share your questions and comments on this thread as well.

Thank you for your interest in our book!
-Abbey Elder

1 Like

Hi, Everyone.

I’m Sue Kunda, and I’m the Scholarly Communication and Social Science Librarian at Western Oregon University, a medium-sized public liberal arts university located about an hour south of Portland. I became involved with OER in 2018 and manage our OER Stipend Program. I’m excited to be reviewing this book along with everyone else. I’ve never been involved with a Rebus project before but am looking forward to the experience.

Best,
Sue

2 Likes

Welcome, Sue! We’re excited to have you on board and to learn from you. There are a number of reviewers from the field; you can meet them and introduce yourself in this thread: Introduce Yourselves: Discussion Board for Peer Reviewers - #18 by dlhutchings

Let us know if you have any questions about the review process, or the project generally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aelder Should case studies in the chapters be written in the first person point of view–for ex: “at my institution” or “my experience”? Or do you prefer “at [name of institution]”?

Thank you for the question! That will depend on the case study. In most situations, our case studies should be in the first person because they are highly personal accounts related to a specific situation and experience. There are only 1-2 case studies in our book with less personal accounts included, and these case studies are not written in the first person.

2 Likes

@aelder Is there an etiquette rule about commenting on edits suggested by other peer reviewers as we do our peer reviews? I know I am late to get to mine so there are lots of comments already on the section I am reviewing and I want to build on some of them if that’s allowed.

1 Like

What a wonderful question! There is no precise “etiquette” to the process, but I have seen some trends with reviewers replying to one another. For example, you can reply to a comment to propose an alternate edit, if you feel there is a simpler or different way to address a specific concern. You can also reply to a comment to expand upon why you think an edit proposed by another reviewer is a good idea and how it can help. For a comment you simply agree with, folks seem to be adopting the ever-popular comment: “+1.”

1 Like