Session 9, Review and Feedback

1. How will your team attempt to manage the effects of bias in the review process?
    -Incorporate a small group of diverse individuals (e.g., individuals from different areas in higher education, faculty from different institutions) to get their take on what needs revision

2. How will your team work to invite a more diverse range of reviews and value a broad range of perspectives?
    -Incorporate faculty and staff members to review within my department (e.g., biology) and outside of my department (e.g., chemistry, psychology) allowing for more diverse reviews and opinions
    -Include students to also have a role in reviewing content since the OERs are dedicated and written for them

3. Are there non-traditional subject matter experts you’d like to work with? (students, community members, etc.)
    -Students, admins (e.g., department secretary), as well as writing reviewers (e.g., my writing coach in my Ed.D. program). I believe that by having non-traditional subject matter experts the text won’t be written simply from a “biological mind” but can incorporate the views and voices of others outside of the field.

4. Are there project specific questions you would like to ask during the review process?
    -How does the text flow?
    -Does the content make sense?
    -Does the OER seem user friendly, easy to read and access?

1 Like