[EDU/NUR] Literature Reviews for Education and Nursing Graduate Students [lead: Linda Frederiksen, Washington State University Vancouver]

• administrators

BASIC PROJECT INFORMATION

Title: Literature Reviews for Education and Nursing Graduate Students

Lead Author: Linda Frederiksen (Washington State University Vancouver)

Subject: Nursing / Education

Target audience: Nursing and Education graduate students

Single author or Multiple authors: Multiple

Rebus project manager(s): Hugh McGuire, Zoe Wake Hyde

License: CC BY

Help needed:
    Editors
    Proofreaders
    Chapter reviewers
    Formatting wranglers
    Accessibility checkers
    Marketing/promoting adoptions in classrooms

ADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION

Book description:
    This open textbook is designed for students in graduate-level nursing and education programs. From developing a research question to locating and evaluating sources to writing a sample literature review using appropriate publication guidelines, readers will be guided through the process.

Timeline (preliminary):
    Feb-April 2017
    Authoring
    May-June 2017
    Formatting and editing
    July 2017
    Peer review
    August 2017
    Release

How to participate:
    Interested contributors can sign up to the forum and post below, letting us know what level of involvement you would like to have. Please give us an idea of your background, and particular area of expertise. We’ll be following up shortly with more concrete requests as we proceed.

Tweet this project:
    Want to help with an Open Textbook on how to do research? Find out how to contribute here: http://bit.ly/edunurresearch

Current Project Team:
    @lindafrederiksen326 (lead author), Sue Phelps (co-author), @lizmays (Rebus project manager), @hugh, @zoe, @piercejb, @stephanie.roth … and you?

• Hi
    My name is Jenny Pierce and I am interested in helping on this project. I currently work in a medical library at Temple University. I have always worked in medical libraries. My most relevant experience includes being a co-author on two chapters in “Comprehensive systematic review for advanced nursing practice” and working as a peer reviewer for the open access Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association. I would be interested in being a chapter reviewer. I have never worked on an open textbook. Thank you!

• administrators

Hi @piercejb You have just the expertise we’re looking for in a chapter reviewer! We will be in touch soon with next steps.

• Hi! I work with Jenny and I am also interested in helping. I am part of an editorial board, have knowledge of various review methods and systematic review methods. I also have co-authored a few book chapters and papers.

• administrators

Hi @stephanie.roth This is fantastic. Welcome to the project team! We’ll loop back soon with next steps.

• Hi, my name is Jackie Sipes, and I am a reference and instruction librarian at Temple University. I am liaison to Temple’s College of Education and I work heavily with education graduate students in classes and one-on-one teaching them how to conduct literature reviews. I also conducted a literature review myself when I was writing my master’s paper in information & library science. I’ve never worked on an open textbook before, and I’d be happy to help in any areas I can!

• administrators

Hi @jsipes We would be thrilled to have you contribute. Stay tuned for next steps!

• Hello,
    I’m Elizabeth Yates, liaison/scholarly communication librarian at Brock University in St. Catharines, ON, Canada. A significant amount of my liaison work focuses on teaching comprehensive literature searching skills to graduate students and faculty in the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences – including the Department of Nursing. I am trained in systematic review searching and will be participating (for the first time!) as a Nursing systematic review co-author this spring. I have extensive experience in writing and copy-editing from a previous 19-year career as a newspaper reporter/editor. And finally, I avidly promote OER/open scholarship in my scholarly communication role.
    I’d be thrilled to participate in this project!

• administrators

Hi @brockfahslibrarian We would be thrilled to have you as a reviewer. We will reach back soon with details and next steps. In the meantime, welcome aboard!

• Hello,

I’m Mary Brunskill. I have a master’s degree in library and information studies and experience proofreading and copyediting. I’d be happy to do any proofreading you need for this project.

• administrators

Hi @marykathleenb86 Thanks so much for lending your expertise to this book–the writing is still in process, but we will reach back soon with next steps!

Looks like your connection to The REBUS Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.