[DH] Planning and Implementing a Digital Humanities Project [lead: Sarah Ketchley, University of Washington]

• administrators

BASIC PROJECT INFORMATION

Title: Planning and Implementing a Digital Humanities Project
    Lead Author: Sarah Ketchley (University of Washington)
    Subject: Digital Humanities/Project Management
    Target audience: Humanities Graduate Students & Faculty
    Single author or Multiple authors: Single
    Rebus project manager(s): Zoe Wake Hyde
    License: CC BY

Help needed:

• Proof readers
    • Chapter reviewers
    • Pressbooks wranglers
    • Accessibility checkers
    • Marketing/promoting adoptions in classrooms

ADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION

Book description:

The term ‘Digital Humanities’ is ubiquitous yet ambiguously defined. Unfamiliar vocabulary and uncertainty about where or how to begin a DH project are the greatest barriers for many humanities students and faculty who wish to explore and present their research using digital tools and methodologies. This textbook will offer clear guidelines and best practices for planning and implementing such a project, following the work flow from initial planning stages through to completion. Core topics will include data curation and management, choosing a digital platform, working with teams, and tools for analysis and visualization. The work flow is based on quarter-long introductory classes in Digital Humanities created and taught by the author.

Timeline (preliminary):
    TBD

Tweet this project!

Interested in #DH and #opentextbooks? We’re looking for help with a new textbook on planning digital humanities projects: http://bit.ly/planningdh

Project Team:
    @ketchley (lead author), @zoe (Rebus project manager), @hugh (Rebus project manager), @gesina.a.phillips … and you?

• Hello! I’m a trained copy editor & proofreader, & I have a professional interest in DH projects. Please let me know if you’d like a hand!

• administrators

Thanks @gesina.a.phillips, sounds like you’d be perfect for this project! We’re still in the authoring stage so not quite ready for proofreading and copy editing yet, but we will definitely be in touch when we get to that point. Thanks again for the offer.

• That’s great, thanks @zoe! Just get in touch when you get to the point that another set of eyes is useful.

• Hello- I’m interested in providing proofreading for this project. I have a master’s in library and information science (and completed a class in digital libraries) and an undergraduate degree in media studies. I’ve also had proofreading and copyediting jobs. Please let me know if I can contribute. -Mary Brunskill

• administrators

@marykathleenb86 Thanks Mary, really appreciate you joining us! As I mentioned to @gesina.a.phillips we’ll be in touch once we’re at the proofreading stage.

Looks like your connection to The REBUS Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.