Project Summary: Media Innovation & Entrepreneurship

• @lizmays Perfect, thank you! The chapter layout makes sense to me. Is there a word count expectation? I scanned a few completed chapters and it looks like ~7,000. Just to clarify, are you aiming for October to include the team leadership / intrapreneurship content? I had spring 2018 in my calendar. I’m not sure October is realistic for me unless we make it a small chapter.

• administrators

Hi Krysta,

We plan on releasing the book in time for use in Jan 2018 spring semester classes, but that involves working backward and we’ll probably need to be done with all the editing and vetting by Dec. 1

I think a short chapter (3000 words?) that at least gives a good overview of the topic in October would be preferable. Or, even if there is a portion of the topic you think you could cover most easily in-depth, we could try to find another author to later add a different portion. (We would need your help in identifying how to divide it.) Let me know if either of these options might be workable on a (late) October timeline.

• @lizmays A short chapter with a plan for expansion is do-able for late October. I’ll dig in over the weekend and connect after with a chapter outline. :)

• administrators

@krysta.mcnutt Hi Krysta, That is fantastic. Thank you!

• @lizmays is it helpful for me to annotate the current text as I review and align my chapter or has that time passed?

• administrators

@krysta.mcnutt Hi Krysta, All feedback is welcome on the existing text. It’s especially welcome through November as we prepare for the “official launch.”

You are also welcome to join our Community of Practice calls with the community of educators teaching media innovation, journalism entrepreneurship, innovation labs, future of media/journalism, and related courses where they are using or plan to use the text. The schedule of those calls and link to join is here:

We will plan to edit your chapter in time to get feedback on it at the Nov. 21 call. If you’re able to be there, that would be excellent. If not, we will share the feedback with you after the fact.

• @lizmays Perfect! Thank you for the invitation!

• administrators

Hi everyone! We’re pleased to announce that Rebus Projects is now live! This is our new platform that guides open textbook projects through the publishing workflow and makes it easy to find, recruit, and organize collaborators. The main listing for this project is now found on the new site.

To stay involved & updated on this project’s progress, head to Rebus Projects, log in with the same details you use on the Rebus Forum. Then, find this project in the listing, and click on “Join the Project” in the new platform! We look forward to seeing you there!

Looks like your connection to The Rebus Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.