New Users FAQ

• administrators

Here are a few hints about how to get started with the forum:

How do I use the different categories?

Each category is based on a different kind of discussion, which should be clear from the description and the first posts in each. If you want to post something but none of the categories seem to fit, let us know in Comments & Feedback and we can look at adding a new one. It’s all a work in progress!

How do I create a new topic?

Once you’re in a category, click on the “New Topic” button at the top to create a new discussion thread. Give your topic a title, then you can write, upload images, add links and format your post. You can also add tags, which will help people find your post when they’re looking for info on a particular topic. Once you’re done, click “Submit” and it will appear.

How do I follow a topic so I can see any new replies?

You will automatically be notified of any replies to a topic you create or reply to, but you can also “watch” any others that you find interesting. To do so, just look for where it says “Not Watching” on the original post and click on it to change it to “Watching”. You’ll then be notified of any new activity on the thread.

Can I get email notifications for topics I’m following?

If you prefer to keep track of things via email, you can set your email notification preferences by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of your screen. Then just go to settings, find the “Email” section and select your preferences.

Ok, I know how to use the forum. How do I get started on my project?

Great! The next step is to create your book in the Press, and start a discussion for your team in the “Active Projects” category. To create your book, you’ll either be sent an invite with instructions or be able to access the Press from the navigation bar at the top of this page.

I still need help!

Don’t worry, we’re here for you! If you still have questions, reply to this post and we’ll get back to you asap.

Looks like your connection to The REBUS Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.