How to start a project
The Rebus Forum is a great place to connect with other collaborators on your open textbook project and help it come to life.
Still in ideation?
If you’re thinking about starting your own open textbook project, but don’t a team assembled around it as yet, we suggest:
- Post about your idea for an open textbook in the Project Marketplace
- Form a group of people, minimum 5, to join forces to get the project off the ground
- Read the sections on building a team & project scoping in The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far)
Move on to the next steps!
Have your leadership team assembled already?
If you have a group of people around your project, you can get started. Here’s what you should do next:
- Read the project scoping overview in The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far)
- Fill out the project summary template
- Create a thread for your project in the Active Open Textbook Project category with the information above
Once that’s set up, you can start sharing calls for your project, bringing more people together on your team, and go onward with creating your open textbook!