Happy to be here

Hello everyone. I am 'yemi Dahunsi. Since July 2015, i have been working as an editor/instructional designer with the Open Educational Resources Unit of National Open University of Nigeria. I am happy to be part of this community.

@yemidahunsi Hi 'yemi! Welcome to the Rebus Community! Can you share a bit more about your work in the OER unit of the National Open University of Nigeria? How long has it been unit been operation, and what does your role as an editor/instructional designer entail?

Thank you Apurva. Majorly, my work is to prepare, publish and promote learning contents as Open Educational Resources in different formats (odt, PDF and ePub). I do this by reformatting and updating the existing course materials of NOUN using a structured template that reflect the original instructional design and allows for the creation of the formats mentioned. This follows by applying open licence and metadata. See https://www.nouonline.net/oerportal/oer.php
I also write audio and video scripts for the production of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) see www.nounmooc.org

I equally assist the Director of Academic Planning in fostering awareness and use of OERs within and outside the university by making presentations on OER in workshops and seminars.

@yemidahunsi Wow, that’s quite a handful of tasks and roles – kudos to you! :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing the links to the NOUN OER Portal and the list of NOUN’s MOOCs. It’s nice to see that you already have quite a few collections for the Science faculties, and are already thinking of adding to the Arts, Social Sciences, and Law collections. I see that you’ve recently had an MOOC on History and Philosophy of Science. We are actually supporting a creation of an introductory textbooks on the History of Applied Science and Technology – if any of your faculty were interested in contributing to or using the book, please let me know and I will put you in touch with the project leads!

I especially like how you are fostering OER awareness outside the university as well as within it. Looking forward to hearing more about your work, and collaborating with you! :slight_smile:

Thank you Apurva for the kind words. It’s nice to know that REBUS is currently supporting the creation of an introductory textbooks on the History of Applied Science and Technology, kindly put me in touch with the project leads. I believe colleagues would benefit in contributing or using of the book.

You can contact me through: yemidahunsi@gmail.com, oadahunsi@noun.edu.ng or on skype via yemidahunsi250.

I am equally open for collaboration(s). I know such would further equip me in contributing my own quota in my present schedules and for the future.

With warm regards

@yemidahunsi Of course :slight_smile: I’ll put you in touch with the lead, Linda Ruggles, and she should be able to share more information about contributing to or using the book.

I am equally open for collaboration(s). I know such would further equip me in contributing my own quota in my present schedules and for the future.

Wonderful! I hope we get a chance to do so soon.