Group 3: Environmental Scan of Peer Review Tools, Processes & Research

• administrators

Goal: Review & summarize existing approaches to review, and tools used.

This group will conduct a scan of the existing peer review market in order to inform the development of the Rebus processes.

This may include:

• Summarising current research in the area
    • Reviewing existing tools and resources used by other open textbook/OER publishers
    • Looking to open review processes in academic journals and monographs for inspiration

If you would like to be a part of this group, please comment below with a bit about yourself, any specific interests on the subject and any initial thoughts on the group’s purpose.

• @zoe said in Group 3: Environmental Scan of Peer Review Tools, Processes & Research:

comment below with a bit about yourself, any specific interests on the subject and any initial thoughts on the group’s purpose.

My name is Nicholas and I am a PhD student at UCI (California) in Informatics. Primarily, I conduct research on gamification and learning theory. However, I do a fair bit of design and development on the web and in game engines.

I am curious about the culture of use surrounding open textbooks and peer review tools and resources. For example, in what ways do the tools/resources help the community grow and improve making OT/PR? Are certain practices hindering the growth or value seen in OT/PR? How can tools/resources be shaped to solidify and enhance the community of practice?

Perhaps after others have chimed in, we can reach a consensus about initial plans and purposes.

• I currently hold the position of OER coordinator at PSU. We are beginning to expand our OER initiative and peer review will be incorporated into our open publishing model.

• administrators

Thanks @nicholaspersa and @Julie-Lang for getting us started :)

• I would like to join this group! I work as an Instructional Technologist at the University of Guelph. Let me know how best to “jump in”!

C

• administrators

Thanks @ccoulter! We’re going to give people a bit more time to sign up then we’ll put together a plan of action. Watch this space!

Looks like your connection to The REBUS Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.