Metaphysics [part ed: Adriano Palma]

• administrators

This thread will be for discussions related to the Metaphysics part of Introduction to Philosophy. See the full project summary.

Part Summary:
    To come.

How to participate:
    We’re currently looking for feedback on the outline for this part. If you’re interested, please review the document and leave comments, or reply to the thread below.

Comments will remain open until Friday, September 29.

We’ll soon be looking for authors for the chapters in this part. Each chapter will be roughly 2500 words. If you’d like to claim a chapter, add your name, and comment to let us know which chapter you are interested in taking on.

Relevant Documents:
    Part Outline – This doc gives an overview of the part and details each of the chapters to be written
    Chapter Assignments – Want to claim a chapter? Add your name to this doc.
    Author Guide – Read this guide to find out more about what committing to author a chapter involves.

Team: @palmaadriano (part editor), @clhendricksbc (lead editor), @zoe (Rebus project manager), @apurva … and you?

• @zoe The outline of the Metaphysics part looks very promising. Although I don’t see myself contribute as author I would like to play my part perhaps as proofreader or reviewer. Looking forward to it.

• administrators

Thanks to everyone who provided their feedback on the outline for this part! It is now closed for comments. We will start looking for chapter authors very soon, and if you’re interested, just add your name to the spreadsheet at the top of the page.

• This looks interesting. I’d be happy to develop some of the historical stuff as well as the stuff on numbers and universals (so, Ch. 1, 3, 5, or 7). I actually don’t think I could commit to more than 1 or 2 chapters total, but I’d be happy to lend help where I am able.

• Hello, my name is Joseph. I got my PhD from Marquette and teach at a Wilbur Wright College in Chicago. I thought I could make a contribution to the Philosophy of Mind segment. My speciality is Nietzsche and Ethics, but Descartes is an area of competence, and I’m quite familiar with the Early Modern philosophy of mind tradition. So, I hope I can help.

• administrators

@jakranak Hi Joseph, welcome to the Rebus Community! Thanks for your interest in this project. It looks like your areas of specialization are fairly varied, and we hope you can join us!

Thanks for sending along your CV. I will share it with Adriano Palma, the part editor of this section, who will make final decisions on chapter assignments. We’ll be in touch!

• @smithnd I actually want to amend this comment to say that I will not be able to commit to more than 1 chapter. I feel most comfortable developing the historical issues. I can propose an outline for the historical chapter.

• administrators

@smithnd Hi Nathan, that’s perfectly understandable. I’ll let Adriano Palma ( @palmaadriano ), the editor for this part, jump in with regards to the outline!

Looks like your connection to The REBUS Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.