Project Summary

• Hi there! academic librarian here! My focus is open educational resources, along with teaching digital literacy and promoting a environment that allows, imagination, and success to the underserved. The future is here and id love to contribute.

• administrators

Fantastic, thank you @Amanda! @Apurva will keep you posted with details (we just need to work out the timing with the editor).

• administrators

Hi @stephaniemelissagill, thanks for getting in touch :slight_smile: Love your approach, and we’d love to have you contribute! Where are you based?

We’ve had a great response so are looking to line up more chapter reviewers, and maybe one other full text reviewer - would you have a preference between the two? Several of the chapters are ready to go, so if that’s a better option for you, let us know which interest you the most and we’ll get you set up.

• I can review a chapter if needed. My expertise is in digital pedagogy in general (faculty developer, not librarian). You know me, so :)

• I’m interested in reviewing the texts. I teach an intro Digital Literacy class at the Univ of Oklahoma and teach Media Ethics on occasion. I’m involved in several Information Literacy/Citizenship groups and workshops.

• In response to your need for Full-Text Reviewer Needed for Open Digital Citizenship Toolkit. I am available to help review the entire student workbook text. I have taught and designed a freshman/sophomore credit-bearing Information Literacy online course. I have also reviewed and edited other Rebus and SUNY OERs. Happy to share my knowledge and skills for this worthwhile OER!

• I am interested in serving as one of the full-text reviewers for the student workbook. I’ve been an academic librarian for about ten years, and have taught information literacy in for-credit courses, as well as one-shots and embedded course instruction. Thank you!

• administrators

@bali Hi Maha, yes of course we know you! :) Thanks so much for your offer to review a chapter! Can you tell me your preference out of Chapters 2, 6, and 7?

• administrators

@yvettebwalker Hi Yvette! Thanks so much for your interest in reviewing. We were only looking for one more full-text reviewer, but given the overwhelming response, we are currently chatting with the lead author on how best to proceed. I’ll get back to you soon!

• administrators

@carolkunzler Hi Carol! Thanks so much for offering to review the full-text, and for your enthusiasm on this project overall!

As I mentioned to Yvette, we were only looking for one more full-text reviewer, but given the overwhelming response, we are currently chatting with the lead author on how best to proceed. I’ll be in touch soon.

• administrators

@kablocksidge Hi Katie, thanks so much for offering to review the full-text! As I mentioned to Yvette and Carol, we were only looking for one more full-text reviewer, but given the overwhelming response, we are currently chatting with the lead author on how best to proceed. I’ll get back to you very soon!

• @Zoe im in texas! sorry for the delayed response… I would love to do a full review if still needed, if not any chapter is fine.

looking fwd to it!!

• administrators

@stephaniemelissagill @yvettebwalker @kablocksidge @bali @carolkunzler Once again, thank you all so much for your offers to review! We really did not expect such an enthusiastic response!

Carol, since you’ve already reviewed one of the chapters in the book, and are already set-up, we’d like to get you to jump in as a full-text reviewer. Let us know if this suits, and we’ll be in touch with more details.

Katie, Yvette, Stephanie, and Maha – we’d still love if you could come on board as chapter reviewers instead. If you are interested, please let me know which of the following chapters best suits your expertise:
    Chapter 2 - Modes of Digital Communication
    Chapter 4 - Critical Approaches to Digital Literacy (Maha, we’ll ask you to skip this one ;) )
    Chapter 6 - Value of Information
    Chapter 7 - Joining the Digital Conversation

• @apurva they all seem interesting, but I would love to review chapter 6. or 7.!!

• @apurva I am one of the co-authors for Chapter 7 so I’ll need to skip that one; I’d be happy to review Chapter 6 or 2.

Looks like your connection to The Rebus Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.