Project Summary

OER for College and Career Success (typical three unit course for first year experience)

BASIC PROJECT INFORMATION
Title: Blueprint for Success in College and Career
Lead Author: Dave Dillon
Subject: College Success
Target audience: First year experience students, students entering college for first time or returning to college, students looking to identify major and/or career, students looking to learn or refine study skills and time management strategies
Rebus project manager: Zoe Wake Hyde
License: CC-BY

ADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION

Book Description:
A free, Open Educational Resource, Blueprint for Success in College and Career is a students’ guide for classroom and career success. This text, designed to show how to be successful in college and in career preparation focuses on study skills, time management, career exploration, health, and financial literacy.

The sections on Study Skills and Time Management, and Career and Decision Making are also available separately as:

• Blueprint for Success in College: Indispensable Study Skills and Time Management Strategies
  • Blueprint for Success in Career Decision Making

Help Needed:
We’re looking for volunteers to help prepare an index and glossary for the book.

How to participate:
If you’d like to participate in this project, please comment below with a bit about yourself and your experience, and let us know which how you would like to contribute.

Tweet this project:

Want to participate in a project to create College & Career Success OER? Find out how to contribute here: Project Summary - Blueprint for Success In College & Career - Rebus Community

Current Project Team:
@dave.dillon (lead author), @zoe (Rebus project manager), @apurva… and you?

@apurva I am able to help with indexing and glossary. Let me know what the timeline is for completion.

@carolkunzler Hi Carol, thanks for your interest! We’ve made some great progress with the glossary and it is nearing completion. We might get you to jump in on the index once the print PDF is finalized, which should happen within the next month or so. @dave-dillon and I will provide more information at this stage, including estimations around the timelines and deadline for this piece. Does this sound okay to you?

@apurva

Yes. That is okay. Looking forward to helping, as needed.

@carolkunzler Great, thanks for confirming. I’ll be in touch soon!

Hi everyone! We’re pleased to announce that Rebus Projects is now live! This is our new platform that guides open textbook projects through the publishing workflow and makes it easy to find, recruit, and organize collaborators. The main listing for this project is now found on the new site.

To stay involved & updated on this project’s progress, head to Rebus Projects, log in with the same details you use on the Rebus Forum. Then, find this project in the listing, and click on “Join the Project” in the new platform! We look forward to seeing you there!

@apurva

Hi Apurva, I have an instructional designer interested in assisting with making recommendations for the Blueprint texts. She is interested in learning more about Pressbooks. What resources would you suggest to share for educating and/or would it be possible to connect her with someone from Pressbooks?

Thanks,

Dave

@dave.dillon Hi Dave! Hope you are well. Great to hear that you are collaborating with an instructional designer on the Blueprint texts. I’d suggest sharing the Pressbooks User Guide to start, as this will help familiarize her with the Pressbooks interface. Pressbooks has other resources listed on their website (https://pressbooks.education/help-and-support/), but if she has any trouble, she can always post her questions here in the forum, or contact Pressbooks support at support@pressbooks.com. :slight_smile: