Welcome! I'm Elizabeth Mays, with Rebus

I’m Elizabeth Mays, and I manage marketing and operations for Rebus.

My most recent position was as an assistant director in higher ed, working for several deans as an intrapreneur leading innovation initiatives at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. I played many roles at ASU, so I can relate to the challenges staff members face in advancing innovative projects in an academic setting.

I continue to teach at the journalism school as an adjunct faculty member, where I have also been involved in curriculum and degree development. I am deeply interested in faculty collaborations, the ongoing disruption of higher education by technology, and the development and remixing of open content.

I tend to teach subjects that are too new to have an obvious textbook (media entrepreneurship, social media and content marketing, to name a few), which is part of my interest in expanding the open textbooks that are available.

In my past life, I was an editor for 10+ years.

I look forward to working with all of you to identify and help solve the challenges of open textbook publishing.

Hi Elizabeth,

It’s nice to meet someone from ASU! I’m in Tucson at the University of Arizona. My pre-library career was in journalism and copy editing (and my ex-husband is head of the journalism school at the UA).

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Great to virtually meet you. I do go to Tucson on occasion–we’ll have to connect in person some time!

Best,
Liz

Hi Liz,

It would be great to connect in person! Are you still based in Tempe? I’m up there frequently.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I live in South Scottsdale (15 min from the Tempe campus) and teach at the downtown campus of ASU Friday mornings. Let me know next time you’re up with time to meet. I’d be glad to connect!

Best,
Liz