Project Summary: The Open Anthology of Earlier American Literature

• Dear Hugh and Zoe,

I’m an English professor at Graceland University. I just finished a semester-long student-designed anthology project in my Early American Literature course. In fact, we even used Robin’s anthology as our course text.

I’d love to be a part of this project in some capacity, even if it’s just authoring or co-authoring some of the author pages.

• @trobbins1981

Name’s Tim Robbins. Email: timothy.robbins@graceland.edu.

Thanks!

• administrators

Welcome @trobbins1981 We are thrilled to have you as a contributor. We will follow up with next steps soon!

• I can hep with editing, proofing, and reviewing.
    Thanks Charlotte

• administrators

@charlotte.barrett Glad to have you contributing! More details to follow.

• @zoe @hugh I have a background in English literature and linguistics. I am currently a grad student at Vancouver Island University, with editing and proof reading skills. Before beginning my MEd. I was a school administrator for 3 years and English teacher for 8 years. I’d be happy to help with any reviewing you might need.

• administrators

Hi @corrine.hameltaylor This is wonderful. We will definitely enlist your help in these areas. More info to come soon.

• I’m more than willing to take on any of the needed positions (including lead) from introducing an author to marketing them in the classroom. My contact info is hbowen211@gmail.com

Love the project! Want to be a part of this in any sort of way I possibly can.

• administrators

@hbowen211 That’s great, thanks so much! We were just about to do another push to find more people for the project so you have perfect timing. I’ll reach out tomorrow with a few more details about the lead editor role (just polishing them up) to see if it suits. In the meantime, could you share a few details about you and your work?

• My poetry has been published in numerous journals and reviews, have academic articles ranging from the aesthetics of Bob Dylan (timely I know) to the humor of Dickinson, and I have a forthcoming chapbook of short stories hitting the shelves in late October.

I teach poetry/literature/rhetoric and composition at a local community college here in Indiana.

Worked as an editor for small press companies and literary reviews while in graduate school.

• administrators

stay tuned everyone … exciting news afoot on this project … !

• administrators

Hi everyone - I am very pleased to announce that Tim Robbins of Graceland University ( @trobbins1981 ) has joined this project as the lead editor. Tim is a professor of English at Graceland and has used Robin’s first edition of the anthology in his own teaching, so is very familiar with the project.

With the lead confirmed, we can now really get this project rolling. The first step is to develop the TOC, then there’ll be a clear list of tasks to start assigning to those of you who have volunteered your various skills, so keep an eye out for updates coming soon!

• I’d be very interested in contributing to this project. I’m a Scholarly Communication librarian, and also hold a Ph.D. in American literature, with a focus on early American lit., especially the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Emily Dickinson. If you need someone to research texts or write introductions to these or other sections, I’d be interested.

• administrators

@docjem1972 awesome! welcome …

• I’d be happy to help with proof reading this summer. I have a background in English, Limguistics and Education. I have also worked on various curriculum development and instructional design projects.

Looks like your connection to The Rebus Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.