Logistics | October 2019 Cohort

@oct19-cohort, reminder that we have our first session today at 1:00pm ET! Looking forward to seeing you all on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/823176390).

Our session today is on Introductions, and below I’ve included the slides and handouts accompanying this topic:

1. Handout: Introductions
  2. Slides: Introductions

There’s no need to read through this before the session (our hope is that you will find this information useful as you refer to topics after the sessions). All slides and handouts created for the program are licensed CC BY, so anyone is free to reuse, adapt, remix, and more, as they see fit.

1 Like

I am having trouble with internet on the train…it fades in and out… mostly out…I will keep trying…

apurva

Apurva Ashok

October 18
@oct19-cohort , reminder that we have our first session today at 1:00pm ET! Looking forward to seeing
you all on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/823176390).

Our session today is on Introductions, and below I’ve included the slides and handouts accompanying this topic:

1. Handout: Introductions
  2. Slides: Introductions
    There’s no need to read through this before the session (our hope is that you will find this information useful as you refer to topics after the sessions). All slides and handouts created for the program are licensed CC BY,
    so anyone is free to reuse, adapt, remix, and more, as they see fit.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble connecting today. We’ll make sure you have time next session to introduce yourself. If by the end of the session you are able to connect, let me know and I’ll signal to Apurva.

So sorry that you were having trouble connecting today, Joan. I appreciate you trying to do so even when you were travelling. I hope next week will be better, and I’ll be sure to set aside some time for you to introduce yourself & share more about the Nursing Research project. From what we heard today from Mary, Mary Ann, Christine, it sounds like an amazing contribution in the field of healthcare and nursing!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I’ll be talking about the Textbook Success Program and following the growth of the individual projects on Twitter and our newsletter. Posting about progress, sharing calls for participation, and celebrating wins is a big part of my job. Look out for posts in our newsletter (sign up for the newsletter) I’ll be tweeting a lot and I encourage everyone to do the same using the #TSPOct19.

If you have any questions about Rebus’s communications strategy, let me know.

It was nice meeting everyone today!

3 Likes

@oct19-cohort — Huge thank you to everyone who could join us today! As @alexisclifton mentioned, there’s a very neat new user tutorial that you can all run through if you wanted to familiarize yourself with this discussion space. Just enter the following text in a Message to @RebusBot: @RebusBot start tutorial. This should auto-generate the new user tutorial for you!

Another final note that we’re working out some of those final kinks before you can all create your project homepages, so please keep an eye out here for a message from me or @zoe early next week for an update and more instructions! In the meantime, hope you all have a great weekend.

1 Like

@oct19-cohort — we’re still hard at work on some technical issues on our platform, but will have an update and some instructions for you tomorrow so you can create your beautiful project homepages!

Do you think there could be top level discussions for each week/topic with the handouts? At least for me that would make them easier to access and reference.

2 Likes

Great idea! Definitely something we can implement. :slight_smile: I’ll get the ones for last week’s session and our upcoming one set up soon.

Hi @oct19-cohort - I was so close to being able to let you create your project homepages today, but we’re still grappling with a minor log in problem. It’ll all be ready for you by Friday, but we’re still working to give you advance access… Will hopefully have better news tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work Zoe (and team)! Looking forward to VIP access :cool: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Zoe…

1 Like

@oct19-cohort Great news! Our devs have been hard at work all day, but we’re finally ready for you to be let loose on your project homepages! Note that there are still some rough edges we need to smooth out, but I’m hopeful you’ll all find your way through the process. And if ever you don’t you can of course just let us know.

One very important thing is that you must have created your account from the homepage before you click on “Create a Project” and you will be prompted to log in again - make sure you use the same account details, and you’ll be taken through the process of creating your project! Can’t wait to see them all come together :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you so much…is tomorrow Zoom meeting cancelled I had a message not sure though…

Hi Joan - we’re definitely still on for today! @apurva do you know what message Joan might have seen…?

We’re still on for today, Joan! I’m not sure what message you may have seen, but if you could pass that along, I can have a look. You can be assured that in general, sessions will take place as outlined in our syllabus, and any changes to this schedule will be clearly noted in this thread.

We’ll be on Zoom at our usual link, https://zoom.us/j/823176390 , at 1pm ET. This week, our session is on project scoping and you can find the slides and handouts in this topic: Session 2: Framing your project & project scope

Looking forward to seeing you and the others from the @oct19-cohort there!

2 Likes

thank you both…

Outlook-ktwuobro.png

1 Like

No problem! Catch you in a few hours. :smiley:

@oct19-cohort — Reminder that we do not have a session this Friday, but instead, we will resume on Dec. 6 at 1pm ET to talk about Accessibility and Inclusive Design. I’ll share the slides and handouts next week, so keep an eye out.

For those of you who are on holiday this week: I hope you have a good break! It’s important to take time away from your projects every now and then, so you can come back refreshed and ready to tackle whatever comes next. :smiley:

@oct19-cohort Reminder that we have our first monthly check-in session tomorrow, Feb. 21, at 1pm ET on our usual Zoom link. Looking forward to seeing you then, and hearing what you all have been up to! :smiley:

1 Like