This is where information about sessions, handouts, resources, and other logistics details related to sessions or check-ins will be posted.
Syllabus and Schedule
Please review the information below, and share it with all the participants from your institution or organization:
- We will be meeting on Tuesday mornings. Our first session will be on March 2nd, from 10:00am-12:00pm ET. Following sessions will run on Tuesdays from 10:00-11:30am ET (dates listed in the program syllabus). The first session is the only one to run for two hours.
- You should have all received calendar invites for our sessions, so you have these along with our Zoom link easily accessible.
- The syllabus is available online. We’ve made sure that sessions don’t coincide with major events or holidays, but if anyone has conflicts, they can let us know.
Platform and Resources
We’ll cover the various tools and platforms that we’ll be using during our first session. I would like to point out some key resources for the group:
Cohort Discussion Space where we’ll do a lot of our asynchronous conversing. Some useful topics:
- About the Cohort - list of projects and participants
- Logistics (this thread) - contains a copy of this information, and where we will post reminders about sessions, and share handouts and resources
- Syllabus - our program schedule and learning objectives
- Memorandum of Understanding - please review and indicate your agreement
The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far) - the book that the program is based on! You will be encouraged to read sections of the book throughout the program.
- There’s also a video series that accompanies the guide.
If you don’t have an account in the Rebus Community platform yet, please do create one in our first few weeks. All communications will be taking place here (including sharing of resources or handouts, posting reminders or questions).
- Once the account is created, participants should send me (@apurva) a Direct Message.
- I will add you to our cohort group (@feb21-cohort) and make sure you are tagged in our ‘About’ thread.
All our sessions and monthly check-ins will take place on Zoom, a video conferencing tool. You will have received a series of calendar invites with our Zoom link.
- Before our first session, please install Zoom via the Zoom Download Center
- Once installed, participants should launch Zoom, and using the top navigation bar, click on zoom.us → Preferences → General → Check the box for ‘Side-by-side mode’
- In case you don’t see this in your calendar invite:
We will be a cohort of 14 people this time around — 4 projects, from 3 institutions and organizations based in the USA and Canada. This doesn’t include your various team members, community members, or elders that you might be collaborating with!
We’re excited to begin our fourth cohort of the program next week, and very much look forward to learning more about each of the participants and their projects!
Please let me know if you or any of the participants on your end have any questions.