Phase 2: July Meeting/ Session 9 Review and Feedback (October 2022 - C Cohort)

Hi @oct22-c-cohort ,
I hope you all had a pleasant and festive weekend and more importantly are keeping cool!

When we meet tomorrow, we’ll talk about review and feedback and how these processes can help you stay accountable in your goals of creating culturally relevant OER.

By the end of this session, you will be able to:

1. Manage revisions with an open mind regarding purposeful feedback to strengthen your OER,
  2. Determine which of the review processes (peer review, classroom review, accessibility review) to include in your project timeline,
  3. Establish peer review and accessibility review workflows for your OER,
  4. Create a review guide to share with your team,
  5. Communicate the rigor, quality, and value of your resource through a peer review and accessibility statement.

Here is a link to the slides and handout.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Amy :slightly_smiling_face:

Good morning Amy,

Thank you very much for the reminder email. I’ll be working with my Upward Bound students today. I can make time to pop out into the hallway. What time is today’s meeting?

Best,
Adronisha Frazier

Hi @ATFrazier, if it works for you to pop out, that’s great. If not, no worries! It’s at 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Central time. You could always watch the recording later and contribute to the activity thread (this Session 9 thread) later if you wanted.

Thank you and have fun with the students! :star_struck:

In-Session Activity:

Take 10 minutes to freely write your responses to ANY of these prompts in the forum:

1. How will your team attempt to manage the effects of bias in the review process?
  2. How will your team work to invite a more diverse range of reviews and value a broad range of perspectives?
  3. Are there non-traditional subject matter experts you’d like to work with? (students, community members, etc.)
  4. Are there project specific questions you would like to ask during the review process?

Afterwards, peruse others’ comments. We’ll also reflect as a group. Thank you!

We are reading through the chapters to try to make sure that DEI issues are being covered. This is not an easy task, since there is such a wide range of DEI issues to cover.

1 Like

I think for the CJ cohort, it would be nice to have CJ professionals review our text to make sure we 1) got it right and 2) add in any suggestions they may have to enhance the text. It would also be a great way to add in Case studies or first hand accounts to the text.

2 Likes

This is really a lot to do. The cohort is still really focused on finishing up. I think accessbility and language bias reviews will help a great deal in regularizing the text.

1 Like

Gosh, it’s been so long since I’ve been on this community, I had to figure out how to get here!
Our team has been focused on DEI and accessibility during this OER process. I think we would like a review to address these specific questions.

1 Like

I’ll answer # 2-
The Developmental Psychology group is intentional about including Louisiana specific information, which creates a variety in the information presented. We report information for the US and also focus on Louisiana for comparison. For example, in the Death and Dying chapter, there is a description of and link to a video for second line. We are also intentional in creating recourses where the professional is a minority.

1 Like

I agree, Chantel! We’ve added Louisiana content and it would be great to have CJ professionals or even other instructors review it.

1 Like