Pictures, graphics, etc

So, I am just not an artistic person - at all. Do you all have any suggestions on how/where I can access pictures to include in my book? Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

That’s a great question and it’s smart to open a topic thread for that purpose. @apurva and @me.monicabrown will probably add more suggestions, but here are some ways to get started:

2 Likes

This is an excellent list — I can’t think of any other resources off the top of my head. Katrina, if you have an image in mind and are having trouble finding these, do let us know!

When finalizing images for the book, try to be intentional about who is illustrated in photos and why you may have chosen some images across your chapters. Pictures can really add a lot to a text-heavy resource. In an upcoming session, Joel will tell you more about how to make sure the images are accessible too, so you can build that into your workflow as you are scouring the databases for pictures to include.

I should have mentioned that the list above was originally developed by Apurva, I believe!

1 Like

Thank you for this question and these resources! Ben and I have added the resources to our graphic design notes as we contemplate adding/revising/creating graphics!

2 Likes