Session 1: Introductions (July 2022 M-1 Cohort)

Hello @July22-M-1-cohort ! It was wonderful to meet so many of you and see all of the teams in our cohort represented at our first session!

The main focus was to get to know one another’s projects, understand how our sessions will be structured, and learn about Rebus’ tools and approaches. Rebus has designed activities for in-session practice and application afterwards so that you can successively build out your OER creation plan and implement it smoothly over the coming year. On that note, I kindly ask you to complete this week’s activities as outlined in your session handout 1:

Respond below with your introduction, including your role on the project and the dream goal you have for it.

Agree to the Memorandum of Understanding for our cohort.

We also spent a bit of time discussing Rebus’ collaborative approach to publishing and how a larger community around a resource can not only make it stronger but also help maintain it down the line. Our approach hinges on thinking about communications, accessibility, formatting, and more at each stage to really harness the global potential of OER. And these stages can and most likely will be flexible and thus play out in different ways for each team — that’s what the model is built to do!

We also mentioned how being transparent about the process of creation can invite others to contribute and be involved in your projects, whether in big ways or small.

In talking about the tools we use for the Textbook Success Program like the Curriculum Hub in Google, for instance, we also directed you to the Rebus Community Forum, where this recap is posted and where we will conveniently streamline ALL of our cohort communication. All materials (lesson plans and slides) will be made available to you throughout the program within the forum. We also encourage you to share your questions here! Please note that you can use the tag @July22-M-1-cohort for conversations that include all cohort members. In addition, you can also write direct messages to individuals, not only in your cohort, but the entire forum space. Refer to the video tutorials in your handout for a more in-depth overview of the forum and its features.

Here’s a link to the chat transcript and slides from our first session. Please feel free to reach out with questions. I look forward to seeing you again next week when we talk about project scoping!

Again, it was so lovely meeting you all, and I can’t wait to get to know you and your projects better over the coming weeks and months.

Dear @July22-M-1-cohort ,

Just a brief note regarding the recordings of the sessions, they will be made available on a designated canvas site. Please contact Barbara Ambos (her forum tag is@BAmbos) if you haven’t received the email instructions from her or need help accessing the LMS.

Wishing everybody a beautiful end of the week and looking forward to seeing you next Monday,
Jördis

Hi,
The recordings of this week’s TSP meeting are on the ROTEL Canvas site now. Please let me know if you need a new invite (and instructions) to the Canvas site.

The ROTEL Canvas site is there to support you, and will be modified with additional information. Let me know if there is a topic you would like shared.

Take care,
Barbara Ambos

1 Like