Session 4 - Growing and Managing Teams

@feb22c-cohort — here are the slides and handout for today’s conversation on Growing and Managing Teams. Stay tuned for the summary if you can’t join today’s session :slight_smile:

@feb22c-cohort – Great session today!

Quick reminder: please sign up ASAP for a 15 minute 1:1 discussion meeting next week, by adding your names (check with your teams so that as many as possible can join the meeting!) to this Google spreadsheet: Feb 2022 TSP C Cohort Sign-up Sheet 1:1 - Google Sheets .

Other useful links from this meeting:

This session discussed the importance of a solid project plan, good intentions, clearly articulated responsibilities, and a set of helpful strategies to form collaborative alliances. Different perspectives, talents, and efforts support your OER projects in unique ways, beyond just distributing the workload!

However, good teams don’t just create themselves; they need deliberate communication, cultivation and management (including problem-solving and conflict resolution) on the parts of all members, but particularly those in leading roles, e.g. project manager, technology lead, etc. This also includes modeling being an active, engaged team member and promoting self-care throughout the project. We must all model what we want to see in our classrooms, work places, or communities!

You started to see the unique nature of your respective teams in last week’s “Share your personal story activity.” In this session, you leveraged this knowledge to identify particular roles and assign specific responsibilities to one another. Please make sure to come to an agreement around team roles at your next scheduled team meeting. To help guide and document your decision-making, refer to the session template: Roles and Responsibilities. These roles may shift over time, but it’s critical you begin your project work with clear expectations on roles and responsibilities

Instructions for next week’s 1:1 meetings.

Next week, each team will meet with me individually for 15 minutes. This will give us the opportunity to talk about your projects in more detail, and for me as your facilitator to more clearly understand what you are working towards. I will spend some time reviewing your project summary and homepage before we meet, so I can guide your teams in their next steps.

Please book your 1:1 meeting (link above … or, again, here: Feb 2022 TSP C Cohort Sign-up Sheet 1:1 - Google Sheets), and be sure to answer all the questions to help me adequately prepare for our conversation! I look forward to these personalized 1:1s meetings next week, and to learn about how to better support your work.

Happy end of Open Ed Week, and I hope y’all get some rest from the festivities this weekend!

1 Like

Hello @poritzj and @apurva -
Is it possible to meet on Wednesday after 2pm? I am out of the office Thursday of this coming week, but already have meetings scheduled for the earlier times you offered. I did connect with my team, and that should work for all of us because it is spring break week so we all have fewer meetings this week.

Thank you!!
Kirsten

That’s fine with me! I have a meeting 3-4pm EST, but otherwise I’m free.

Please just pick a time, put it in the document, and fill out the rest of that line as well.

Thanks!

Thank you! I will do that now and let my team know.

Would you like me to generate the Zoom link or will you?

I can get a zoom link, no problem!

1 Like

@feb22c-cohort friends:
Please don’t forget to sign up for a 1:1 meeting on this sheet:
Feb 2022 TSP C Cohort Sign-up Sheet 1:1 - Google Sheets
When doing so, please reach out to everyone on your team and make sure they can be there!
Also please answer the questions posed on the signup sheet.
See you later this week!

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,
I realized it made more sense for me to set up the Zoom because then my team can stay on if we need to. Here is the info:

Meeting ID: 972 4010 6059
Passcode: REBUS

Makes sense, @KirstenK !

@feb22c-cohort – Two quick notes about the 1:1 meetings this week:

Several groups haven’t yet signed up. Please do so ASAP, at this link: Feb 2022 TSP C Cohort Sign-up Sheet 1:1 - Google Sheets .
If you’ve signed up for a meeting during our usual Thursday meeting time, just go to the usual zoom link.
If you’ve signed up for a different day/time this week, feel free to set up a zoom meeting link yourself (as one team has done, so they can continue to chat after our TSP 1:1).
If you’re not in the usual day/time and don’t have a preferred zoom link, we can use mine from my former institution: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Looking forward to talking to you this week!

1 Like

Hi, Johnathan-
Greetings from Jamaica Plain. Let’s use my Zoom account for our meeting at 15:30 EDT today:
Cheers-

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 318 909 3211
One tap mobile
+16465588656,3189093211# US (New York)
+13017158592,3189093211# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 318 909 3211
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom