Team Meet & Greet: Language Disorders in School-Age Children and Adolescents

Welcome to Language Disorders in School-Age Children and Adolescents!

Take a moment to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members. We look forward to working with you on this exciting project.

I’m Courtney Karasinski. I’m excited to be creating an OER textbook for use in speech-language pathology courses.

I am an associate professor and the director of the master’s program in speech-language pathology at Grand Valley State University. Prior to pursuing my terminal degree, I worked for six years in hospitals and schools as a speech-language pathologist. During my doctoral studies, I continued my clinical work by evaluating the speech and language of toddlers on the autism spectrum as part of a research project led by my advisor. In addition to teaching academic courses, I also remain engaged clinically by providing clinical supervision and teaching of the clinical process to a group of graduate students providing preventative speech-language services to preschoolers attending Head Start.

My research focuses on the relations among oral and written language and other cognitive and academic processes in school-age children and adolescents.

1 Like