Team Meet & Greet: Writing Across the Curriculum: A Guide to Teaching Writing-Intensive Courses

Welcome to Writing Across the Curriculum: A Guide to Teaching Writing-Intensive Courses!

Take a moment to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members. We look forward to working with you on this exciting project.

1 Like

Hey there!

Welcome to Rebus Community. I just saw your new project homepage and immediately thought of this other open textbook in development: GEM Guidebook: Writing And Rhetoric. Perhaps there’s an opportunity for collaboration.

Good luck with your project, and feel free to post questions in our Help & Questions space.

1 Like

Hello
I am very interested in learning more about this project. I have already contributed as a reviewer for some similar projects before in creating writing courses. I would love to explore this project and offer my humble advice.
Regards.

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m Erin; I’m a Professor and the Scholarly Communications Librarian at Sam Houston State University. Advocating for and supporting OER on my campus is part of my role, and I enjoy also being able to support OER creation through peer review, proofreading, and whatever other help I can provide. I have previously served as a peer reviewer on Rebus Community for “Marking Open Courses,” as well as providing proofreading for several titles via Open SUNY Textbooks. As a faculty member, I have also participated in my own campus’ Writing Across the Disciplines training for instructors, and I have supported numerous writing-intensive courses as a librarian, so I am interested in the content as well as the open nature of this book.

I look forward to seeing how I can support this project going forward!

1 Like

@eowens - Welcome! Nice to meet you. Sounds like you have fantastic experience. I’d like to invite you to check out/follow my project, Writing & Publishing in Digital Environments here: Community. I’ve decided to focus on the WPDE project for now because it’s getting a lot of momentum. It sounds like you have relevant experience to contribute, and I’ll be issuing a call for authors and call for reviewers soon. Hope to see you over there!