The Web, Content Industries, and Ourselves

This open textbook will focus on online business models, privacy, data tracking, and the surveillance economy—issues of great salience in public discussions today.

1 Like

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for posting about your new project! Your topic often comes up in lunch time conversations in the Rebus office :nerd_face:

If you would like a dedicated discussion space like the other books in Open Textbooks in Development, please respond to this thread with responses to the below bold fields. Once we get some basic information about your project, we’ll create your discussion space within 1-3 business days.

Project Title:
Lead editor/author(s):
License:
Subject:
Description (100 words max):

Next steps: Post a call for participation in the Contributor Marketplace Make sure you link to your new project’s home in all your communications, so it is easy for new and returning team members to find.

Additional resources: “Building a Team ” and “Project Scoping ” from The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far) .

Project Title: The Web, Content Industries, and Ourselves
Lead editor/author(s): Juan Pablo Alperin, Sophie MacKenzie
License: This resource will be openly licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Subject: Publishing and Communications
Description (100 words max)This open textbook will focus on online business models, privacy, data tracking, and the surveillance economy—issues of great salience in public discussions today.

1 Like

Hi Sophie, thanks for sharing details about what sounds like it will be a fascinating open textbook! I’m excited to see that you’ll be working with Juan on this project, who was not only a professor of mine and @zoe’s at SFU, but also one of the few people who got me involved in open publishing a few years ago. :smiley:

I’ve set up your dedicated discussion space, so you’re all set. It can be found here: https://forum.rebus.community/c/open-textbooks-in-development/the-web-content-industries-and-ourselves.

Please check your Direct Messages for additional instructions. And if you need help, post a question in “Help and Questions.”

Looking forward to seeing how you and Juan get on!

1 Like