Who is in the Oct 22 C Cohort - Brief Intros

Who is in the @oct22-c-cohort cohort?

Please share a brief introduction with the cohort, including your role in the project and the vision you have for it.

1 Like

Hello Everyone! My name is Pam Simek and I am the Criminal Justice Program Director at Bossier Parish Community College in Bossier City. We are located in northwest Louisiana near Shreveport. I am super excited to be a member of this project for Introduction to Criminal Justice.

Hi,
I am Esperanza Zenon. I teach physical science and physics at River Parishes Community College. I was in the CHEM cohort of part 1 of this project. I am looking forward to working with everyone on the PHSC Team.

Hello,
My name is Priscilla Stewart. I am a Nursing Instructor @ NLTCC- Minden campus in the northern part of Louisiana. I enjoy teaching, being that it is a passion for me. I teach anatomy and physiology and love it. I am excited about this impactful adventure and the relationships and bonds formed during the process. I look forward to working with my team to help innovate such a tremendous technological resource for students.

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Akin and I am a biology professor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. I have used pre-built OER resources for teaching introductory biology and statistics before but I am looking forward to working with this team to develop OER resources that will be different than what it is already available.

I am the librarian/project manager for the Anatomy & Physiology course. I participated in the previous LOUIS OER project as a project manager for the Medical Terminology course. With a number of A&P OER textbooks already out there - including at least one with H5P content - I’m hoping my team will able to focus more on ancillary materials for instructors and students. But this will be a decision that we will have to make together.

Hello everyone!
My name is Shirley Vides. I am the chemistry department chair at Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA). I have created four OER chemistry courses for SUSLA and am looking forward to collaborating with you all to create a quality course for our students. I envision a few project based learning assignments as part of this new course.

Hi all, I’m Andrea Alexander, Head of public services librarian at River Parishes Community College in Gonzales. I’m in the Environmental Science cohort. I"m excited to be part of an endeavor to educate students in this subject and develop future OER outreach initiatives at my college and collaboratively.

Hello to everyone! My name is Kelly Kingrey-Edwards. I am a reference and instruction librarian at Central Louisiana Technical College. I am excited to be a part of the Physical Sciences Team.

Hi everyone! My name is Adronisha Frazier. I am an assistant professor at Northshore Technical Community College. I have participated in creating OER ancillary materials for microbiology, general biology, and environmental science courses. I look forward to creating and/or modifying an existing environmental science textbook to create a unique resource that is relatable to our Louisiana students and beyond.

Hello Everyone! I am Michelle Holcomb. I am the Coordinator for the Criminal Justice Program at NSU in Natchitoches. I am very much looking forward to learning everything I can and being a part of this project.

Hi everyone, my name is Brandon Hamann. I am an Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice at Dillard University in New Orleans. I am part of the Intro to CJ group. This is my first time being a part of an OER engagement and I look forward to the experience. My vision has always been to bring the world of CJ to the secondary school curriculum and I hope this can be the start of something more fruitful in the future.

Hey y’all! My name is Pam Simek and I am the Criminal Justice Program Director at Bossier Parish Community College in Bossier City, LA. I am part of the Introduction to Criminal Justice cohort. My vision is to help create an OER course that will benefit both criminal justice majors and general studies majors.

Hi, my name is Dr. Franklyn Scott. I am an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at Southern University at New Orleans. I am also the Criminal Justice Undergraduate Coordinator. I have been teaching Introduction to Criminal Justice for the last seven years. I would love to be a part of creating a textbook for the students that I teach. I look forward to learning and sharing ideas with all of you.

Hi, my name is Sharon Lagarde, I am a Professor at River Parishes Community College in Gonzales, Louisiana. I was in the first cohort for the Biology course and now I will be working on Anatomy and Physiology I.am looking forward to this group of cohorts.

Hi, my name is Shatiqua Wilson. I am a professor and the Library Director at Southern University at New Orleans. I teach courses in the College of Education and College of Arts and Sciences. I have a Masters in Criminal Justice, a Juris Doctorate and a few other degrees. I truly am a life long learner. I look forward to learning new ideas, skills and working along side each of you.

Hi!

I am Tremika-residing in Lafayette, La. I facilitate Psychology courses at South Louisiana Community College. This is round two for me as I was a part of the Introduction to Sociology Cohort, and now I am a part of Developmental Psychology.

Nice to meet everyone!

TC

Hi Everyone,
I am Cynthia Thomas. I have a PhD in Personality Psychology and Developmental Psychology from Howard University, a M. Ed. in Guidance and Counseling Psychology from Bowie State University, and a BS in Psychology from Southern University. I serves the LSUA community by actively co-leading the accreditation process, participating on the Faculty Senate, and championing suicide prevention and mental health wellness with our students at LSUA. I am looking forward to working on this project.

Hi, I am teaching at the South Louisiana Community College. I teach a variety of Biology courses and Human Anatomy and Physiology is my favorite among them. I am very excited to be part of this group and looking forward to creating connections and collaborating through this project.

Hello All,
I’m Chantel Chauvin from LSU A&M. My PhD is in Sociology, but I focused on crime and deviance, so i’m really a practicing criminologist. I teach a variety of crime related classes and Criminal Justice is one of those classes. I’ve taught this class at a variety of levels and i’m excited to learn how to get OER materials to students to enhance their access to material and hopefully their course outcomes.