Conferences and Events

Join members of the Marking team at the conferences and events noted below.

Let’s Chat About Collaborative Open Publishing

Participants: Michelle Reed and Jessica Kirschner

Marking Open and Affordable Courses: Best Practices and Case Studies is an open access book that helps institutions of higher education navigate the uncharted waters of course material markings by summarizing relevant state legislation, providing tips for working with stakeholders, analyzing technological and process considerations, and presenting practical case studies. The book was collaboratively authored, and the project was managed through the Rebus Community. Join the book’s editors and other members of the project team for a discussion of open peer review, collaborative authorship, and open source publishing.

Please complete this form to attend the session “Let’s Chat about Collaborative Open Publishing” on Thursday, May 28, at 10 a.m. CDT/11 a.m. EDT as a part of Open Publishing Fest. The session organizers will email log-in information the day prior and, for any last minute sign-ups, shortly before the beginning of the session.

1 Like

I’d signed up to attend the session, but unfortunately, have a conflicting event at the same time and will not be able to make it. I’m so sorry — I wanted to be there to support and congratulate you and the team on the digital pre-release, and of course to chat about the process of creating the book! Please let me know if the meeting is recorded, and if the discussions you have will be continued afterwards. :slight_smile:

Hi Apurva,

Thanks for your interest in our session. We’re sorry to hear that you’ll be unable to attend- it would be great to see you! Since the session will primarily be an open discussion, we’re not going to record for later viewing. However, we do have the discussion board set up in Rebus for ongoing questions, so perhaps we can chat more there sometime?

Yes, that sounds great! Thanks for understanding. Good luck today. I am cheering you on in spirit! :tada:

1 Like