General Discussion: Introduction to Philosophy

@jan.arreman Thanks for the reminder that you’re available to do this!

@clhendricksbc @beau-branson @dmgile Welcome aboard to our new editors! Very exciting to have you join us. I was thinking of setting up a meeting next week, but @dmgile am I right in thinking that wouldn’t work for you with your defence on the 27th? Should we wait for the following week or could you fit it in?

@zoe @clhendricksbc @beau-branson I do have to give priority to my defence, but any day after the 27th I am available.

@clhendricksbc @beau-branson @geoslack On the topic of tools/project management:

1. Yes, we’re making progress on the new tool and I’m expecting this project will be one of the first we bring into it (you’ve all be wonderfully game at figuring out this new process!). We are still probably a couple of months away from being ready to do this, though. So…

2. Yes, we’re going to make the change Christina indicated, here on the forum. Given there seems to be some approval, we’ll try get that live by the end of the week and we’ll post here again once it’s in place so everyone knows where to go for what!

Thanks for your feedback on all this, it’s a big help for our process.

@dmgile Great, I’ll float some times for the following week via email. All the best with the defence and we will speak soon!

After the 27th would really be better for me too. I’ll have about 30hours of travel time on the 26th, then jet lag and setting up a new house, etc. the week after should be fine, given a little advance notice.

@beau.branson Fair enough! After the 27th it is. Will be in touch via email soon.

Hi. I saw your call for interest on PHILOS-L and thought this looks interesting. I’m currently an Assistant Professor at Queen’s University, got my PhD from UCL in 2014, and have published in logic, philosophy of logic and epistemology. I’d be happy to help in any of these subject areas, whether as a part-editor or in another capacity. Thanks.

Hi!

I am also willing to contribute in some way. I would like to help, for instance, with reviewing, editing, and proof reading.

@dmgile I hope the defense goes well! :slight_smile:

@benjamin.martin Hello and welcome! We have someone who has volunteered as a part editor for either phil of religion, logic, or metaphysics, and I don’t think he has decided yet (it’s @beau-branson). Maybe you and he could discuss this and you could volunteer for one of logic or metaphysics?

Can you also put your information on this master list of people? Thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a71X6Qs45W0W8_oM7p3zdEQdFTNd5VRJ4zMzaEEHefM/edit#gid=266577735

@flavia.felletti That’s great! Can you tell us a little about your background in philosophy, and your particular areas of interest? That will help us think about and discuss with you better what you might do!

Can you also put your information on this master sheet of people who are helping with the project? Thanks! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a71X6Qs45W0W8_oM7p3zdEQdFTNd5VRJ4zMzaEEHefM/edit#gid=266577735

my name is palma
and willing to do some work on the metaphysics and/or mind/logic

I am unable to tell what exactly is opne and what should I do.
you can send anythingyou want to palmaadriano@gmail.com

@palmaadriano

Even more I gather that only ethics and aesthetics are open.
if that is correct no need to answer anything.
The idea may be good but the software is unwieldly and watseful. imho

It looks like we are getting some volunteers for logic and metaphysics, so I’m happy to just take Philosophy of Religion and leave the rest to others, although I’m still happy to help out on those in terms of brainstorming a table of contents, soliciting submissions, etc.

@beau.branson
Please inform me of what I ought to do since I find
repetitions and irrelevancies-
if you can, send email to palmaadriano@gmail.com
I remain available for what i said

@palmaadriano Hi Palma, welcome to the Rebus Community! We’re very excited to have you on board this project. I see that you are especially interested in the Metaphysics section, although you would be open to contributing to Phil. of Mind or Logic sections. My collegaue @zoe will be in touch soon to chat more about what section you could get involved.

@beau.branson Thanks Beau, sounds like a plan :smile: If we can, we’ll get the part editors confirmed for the two other sections before our call and bring everyone together. It would be fantastic to kick off another four parts!

If you are still looking for a co-editor for the phil mind chapter I am willing.

@heathersalazarom Hi Heather! Welcome to the Rebus community! We’d love to have you on board this project. Could you tell me a little more about yourself?