Introduce Yourselves: Discussion Board for Peer Reviewers

This space has been set aside for peer reviewers on The OER Starter Kit for Program Managers! If you have been selected to review for this book, please use the space below to share some information about yourself and your interest in this project.

For example:
Hello, everyone! My name is Abbey Elder, I am the Open Access & Scholarly Communication Librarian for Iowa State University, and I am one of the lead authors for this project. I will be sending out many of the update and reminder emails you’ll be receiving over the next couple of months. I look forward to meeting and working with you all!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Justin Kani, and I am the Business/Public Affairs and OER librarian at IUPUI in Indianapolis, IN, USA, and I am a reviewer for this book. I have been working on OER for about three years now. I look forward to this project.

Best wishes,

Justin

6 Likes

Hello all. I’m Wendy Ward from Niagara College (Welland, Ontario in Canada) where I teach Communications. After adapting an OER three years ago for a first term course, I’ve been working within the College to encourage more OER use and creation. Excited to participate as a reviewer in this project and looking forward to meeting with others.
Take care,
Wendy

5 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I’m John Raible, an associate instructional designer at the University of Central Florida. I am also a doctoral student in the Learning, Design, and Technology EdD program at the University of Wyoming.

I have been involved with OER since 2015 in my role as an instructional designer and I intend to complete my dissertation on faculty adoption of OER at public institutions in Wyoming.

I’m excited to review this excellent project!

5 Likes

Hi,

I’m Cheryl Cuillier, the Open Education Librarian at the University of Arizona. It’s an honor to be part of this project. Abbey’s publications are the best!

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,
My name is Maggie Frankel and I’m a librarian at City College of San Francisco. In addition to being the OER librarian, I also liaise for Health Education, LGBT Studies, Registered Nursing, and Child Development. This project looks awesome and I’m excited to be here and work with you all!

5 Likes

Hi all! I’m Jennifer Pate and I’m the OER and ScholCom librarian at the University of North Alabama. I look forward to working on this project.

5 Likes

Thanks, Cheryl! This book is definitely a group effort, though.

1 Like

Greetings! I’m Judith Sebesta and I am the Executive Director of the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas. We support digital education, broadly conceived and including OER, at the fifty public community colleges in this state. I am honored to be a part of this work!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Ben Rawlins and I am the Library Director at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU). I have been involved with OER initiatives since 2017. I was the OER program lead at my previous institution, and am currently working on implementing an OER initiative at TAMIU. I was also a co-developer of OASIS. This is an exciting project and I’m looking forward to working with everyone!

5 Likes

Hi all. I am an Open Education Project Manager at BCcampus and have been involved with open education initiatives within the BC post-secondary system since 2013. I am quite excited to be part of this project as a reviewer as I have been a longtime fan of the work coming out of Rebus and have wanted to participate in a Rebus project for some time now. Very happy to have this opportunity.

6 Likes

Hi all, my name is Lindsey MacCallum and I’m the Scholarly Publishing Librarian at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I’ve been the OER lead at my institution for about four years, and I’ve been using, adapting, and creating OER as an instructor for five years. I’m also the liaison librarian for Humanities subjects and the lead for scholarly communications.

I feel very lucky to join you all on this project!

5 Likes

Hello all! My name is Colleen Sanders (she/her), and I’m very excited to be part of this project. I’m a librarian whose OER work includes supporting faculty adoptions, teaching workshops, supporting institutional initiatives, and advocating for OER policy. I just finished an M.Ed. for instructional design to make me a more effective faculty partner for adopting open practices. My next horizons for open ed work include publishing and exploring open pedagogy, specifically at the intersection of open pedagogy and inclusive pedagogy in library instruction. I’m extra excited to finally intersect with some folks whose names I see frequently in the open ed world, but have yet to ‘meet’ officially. Reach out to me any time.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Michelle Beechey. I am the Access Services & OER Librarian at SUNY Monroe CC. I’ve been working with OER initiatives, both on my campus and within the State University of NY, since 2017. I’m looking forward to working on this project with so many other OER advocates!

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Dorinne Banks and I work at George Washington University Libraries as Open Education Librarian.
Last year I co-authored a chapter in an OER-related Rebus book and the peer-reviews were really thorough and helpful.
I’m excited to switch roles and participate as a peer-reviewer for this project!

5 Likes

Hello!

My name Michaela Keating (she/her) and I became the first Open Educational Resources Librarian at California State University Fullerton in 2019, though I have been working in the scholarly communication field since 2014. I’m looking forward to serving as a peer reviewer on this project!

5 Likes

Hi everyone - my name is Scott Schaeffer and I am a professor of human anatomy and physiology at Harford Community College, not far from Baltimore, MD. I serve on our college’s OER committee and we have been actively recruiting more and more faculty to get engaged - I have been able to eliminate all textbook costs from my sections of A&P and students are super excited…and successful :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to serving as a peer-reviewer with the rest of you here on this thread. Happy Spring!

5 Likes

Hey there! I am D’Arcy Hutchings, Instructional Design Librarian (and de facto OER librarian) at University of Alaska Anchorage. I have co-led OER/textbook affordability initiatives (alongside psychology professor Dr. Veronica Howard) at UAA since 2015. We are currently co-managing a nearly half-million dollar grant from the USDA NIFA that funds our faculty OER/ZTC professional development program (which includes funding for making the transition to OER/ZTC), a student OER ambassador/advocacy program, and additional work promoting OER/ZTC adoption. I am so glad to be joining you in reviewing this book!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel Becker and I’m the Copyright and Open Educational Resources Librarian at Madison Area Technical College in Madison, WI. My work involves all aspects of academic libraries including instruction and working with instructors and the bookstore to identify low cost materials.

I’m super excited to be working on this project with so many talented people!

3 Likes

Hello,
I am Dr. Pam Ratvasky, OER Instructional Designer at North Central State College, Mansfield, Ohio. I look forward to reviewing Part 5! My new position that I started in November 2020 is grant-funded with the aim of supporting faculty in adopting OERs at NCSC and all of the Ohio community colleges. I work one on one with faculty, and give OER presentations across the state so far. I have been working on a faculty OER course project focused particularly on targeting faculty that teach high school students the college level courses. I would like to have this set up so the high school faculty may also earn professional development credits to give a little extra motivation to learn about and adopt OER. In Ohio we have the College Credit Plus program for high school students to save money by taking college courses that the schools pay for instead of the students. I hope to help keep lowering those textbook costs for the schools that supply the books to high school students. If anyone is interested in learning more or possibly reviewing this project as well, please let me know. pratvasky@ncstatecollege.edu. Regards, Pam

4 Likes