Office Hours: Storytelling with Anecdotal Evidence and Data

Topic: Storytelling with Anecdotal Evidence and Data
When: 2021-04-22T18:00:00Z2021-04-22T19:00:00Z
Guests: Urooj Nizami (Open Education Strategist, Kwantlen Polytechnic University), Erin Milanese (Affordable Learning Project Coordinator, Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI)), Jeff Gallant (Program Director, Affordable Learning Georgia), and Genya O’Gara (Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) Deputy Director)

Implementing open educational resources (OER) and related practices can mean student savings, pedagogical innovations, collaborative learning, and more. Many of us working with OER hear stories from faculty and students about the difference these resources and related practices make in creating a more equitable and inclusive learning environment. Yet it can be difficult to effectively tell these stories to key stakeholders, since higher education administrators, state legislators, faculty adopters and potential donors may respond to different evidence. In this session, we’ll explore how to tell stories about open education’s impact through anecdotal evidence and data, including opportunities to amplify the voices of those who are often marginalized in our educational system. As part of the discussion, we’ll also talk about tools and strategies for tracking local OER impact.

This session is complete. Thanks again to our speakers for their insights. Watch the recording below or read the transcript.

Urooj Nizami’s slides for our session, licensed CC BY: Nizami_OENOfficeHours.pptx (1.3 MB)

Hi everyone! i wanted to follow up with the PALSave Student and Faculty journey infographics - now with CC license attached. I believe these were made these in Piktochart; if you want access to the original to make an editable copy for your institution, let me know.

• Erin
1 Like

Thank you, Erin! It’s also useful to hear what tool you used to create these graphics.