Open Ed Week 2020: Session on OER Language Diversity & Pressbooks

I’m attending an event tomorrow on Language Diversity in OER with PressbooksEDU, and thought it might be of particular interest to the General Education World Languages team (@andrewhorning, @tatavali, @rsibrian, @gemmamorawski, @ana, @Lashleyed, and Franziska). They will be presenting on a few OER produced on Pressbooks, and will also demonstrate the language tools available on the platform. Speakers include Adeola Agoke of the University of Wisconsin - Madison’s Department of African Cultural Studies, and Alexis Lecomte of Collège La Cité’s Bureau du Développement Pédagogique, and Pressbooks team members Steel Wagstaff and Taylor McGrath.

Given our conversation during our second session today about platforms, I thought this session might be a good way for you to look at the affordances of Pressbooks for this project. It’s taking place at 3pm ET. :slight_smile: If it is going to be recorded, I’ll be sure to follow up with a link to the recording and transcript.

Thank you Apurva.
Valia

1 Like

Thank you, Apurva. If there was a recording, I would be interested.

It was recorded, and I’ll drop in a link to the recording here as soon as it is available. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @apurva. Is this link available yet?

Found it!

2 Likes

@andrewhorning — my colleague Leigh has dropped in a link to the video above. Thanks, Leigh! :slight_smile: