Project Summary: Antología Abierta de Literatura Hispana

@rsumman Hi Rachel, welcome to the Rebus Community! We haven’t had anyone interested in running the assignment in an AP class as yet, but that’s a great idea. I’m going to ask @wardjulie to chime in on how this might run in your class, and share her implementation guide to get you started.

@apurva @rsumman Rachel was actually the Graduate Research Guide for the original class that created the first edition, so she’s just the right person to test it out on AP students! Please let me know what challenges you run into or any ideas you have! We’re here to help.
Julie

@wardjulie Oh, that’s wonderful! @rsumman, please let us know if you have any questions or run into any challenges. We’d also love to hear what your students think of this assignment, so please update us as you get along if possible!

@mballantyne I am just giving an update. My Cervantes class has met just once so far but the students were very excited about the idea of participating in this project. We meet again on Monday. I am closely following the implementation materials Julie shared. It is a small class, so we will have 3 groups working on a text each. Once they have chosen the works I will post again! Have a great semester everyone!

@mballantyne Thanks for the update! Nice to see that your students are enthusiastic about this project. Looking forward to hearing more from you as things keep progressing!

@mballantyne @rsumman @mundaysa @janzenr @cmilan @david-lisenby2 @lakebrenda11

Hi all, hope your semesters are going well! We thought this would be a good point in the term to check in and see how the assignments are going in your courses. Have you faced any challenges so far? What have student reactions to the assignment been?

@wardjulie and I would love to hear some of your feedback! If there’s anything in particular that you’ve noticed in your class and would like to share, please let us know by commenting below. If you have any questions, or need help with anything, please let us know below.

@apurva my students are handing in drafts tomorrow! I got a lot of questions about open access, so we’ll see how it goes.

@janzenr Exciting! Keep us posted!

@apurva My students have now finished! I need to get them to sign the right CC-BY paperwork. Can you send me a link? (I am giving them the explanation in the packet from Julie Ward).

@janzenr That’s great! We have a template that you can use as is, or adapt to fit your needs. If you prefer, we also have a version in Google docs.

Let us know if you need anything else!

I’m so pleased to have received critical editions by @janzenr 's students, completed this semester. Has anyone else had success with this project?

1 Like

Hello! I had a very small class this semester so I decided not to implement this project. Hopefully, next semester my students will be able to make at least a couple of contributions. Happy Holidays to all! BR

@lakebrenda11 Hi Brenda, thanks for letting us know! We hope you can implement it next semester.

@janzenr, @mballantyne, @rsumman, @mundaysa, @cmilan, @david-lisenby2 do you have any recommendations or suggestions for those looking to assign this project in future terms based on your experience this semester?

Happy holidays to all!

@david-lisenby2 @janzenr Hi David and Rebecca! @wardjulie tells me that you’ve both had a lot of success implementing the assignment in your classroom, and we’re so glad to hear it!

If you’re ready to do so, could you please share the prepared texts with me here in the forum, or via email (apurva@rebus.foundation)?

We also welcome feedback that you have about how the assignment went, and about your experience implementing this assignment!

@janzenr It looks like we just received the files from you as I posted this comment! Thanks so much!

@sebastian.higherlearning Hi Sebastian, I’m wondering whether you are still interested in participating in this project? We’re looking for a proofreader/copyeditor, and we think you’d be a good fit! We have the first set of content in right now, and expect more to come in on a rolling basis over the next few months, so the work will be well spread out. Please let me know if this sounds like something you’d like to do, or if you have any questions.

Hi!! I’m available for reviewing/editing texts written in Spanish if it’s needed.
I’m native Spanish & PhD Student in Philosophy & Philosophy of Science in Spain.
Cheers!

@sergio.urulo Hi Sergio! Thanks so much for your interest in acting as a copy editor. We’d love to have you on board this project! I’ll be in touch via email with more information and will connect you with Julie Ward, @wardjulie, who’s the project lead.

Hello dear colleagues! My name is María Dolores Morillo and I am an Assistant Professor of Spanish at California State University, Fresno. I teach Intro to Peninsular Literature and courses on Spain’s Early Modern Literatures and Cultures. I am planning to assign a couple of readings from your Anthology in my Intro to Spanish Lit course next term, FALL20 (Don Juan Manuel’s exemplum, Lazarillo’s Tratado I, and, possibly, the entry on Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz). I am also seriously planning to assign a critical edition of a text as a group project in my Golden Age Literature class (to be taught in SP21), in the hopes that it could be a contribution to the Anthology. Lastly, I would love to serve as copy editor for the Anthology. Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon!
María Dolores

Hi María, and welcome to the Rebus Community! I’m excited to hear about your plans, as I’m sure the project lead @wardjulie is! I’ll let Julie jump in to connect with you as you prepare for your Fall course, and to confirm how you can participate on the project. :slight_smile: