Project Summary: Literature Reviews for Education and Nursing Graduate Students

@stephanie.roth That’s great, thanks Stephanie! And yes, we can definitely give you some extra time. Would you mind tackling the introduction? It is a bit longer, but a lot of it is citation examples.

@piercejb Not a problem, Jenny, there will be more to come! I’ll keep you posted here as more chapters become available. Thanks for checking in :slight_smile:

@zoe Sure! That sounds perfect!

@stephanie.roth Brilliant, thank you. I’ll be in touch over email soon with access & the review guide, and we can set a due date that works for you then too. Speak to you soon!

Hi again all,

We have another chapter ready to go! I’ve created a spreadsheet to track which chapters are available and after some very helpful feedback from @brockfahslibrarian, I’ve added column with the chapter outline to help you choose between them.

Please take a look and add you name to any chapters you’re willing to take on. Right now we have two unassigned & more to come:

Ch 2. What is the literature? and
Ch 4. Where to find the literature

Thanks!

Hello @lizmays.
My name is Agnieszka Gorgon, and I’m a Liaison and eLearning Librarian at Seneca College, ON, Canada. My current liaison roles extend to the School of Early Childhood Education and Nursing. I am also pursuing a Master of Education in Distance Education degree at Athabasca University. I’ll soon be collaborating on a Digital Citizenship textbook, and would be interested in reviewing one of the chapters - specifically, Evaluating sources. Let me know if this opportunity is still available. Thank you!

Hi @agnieszkagorgon, thanks so much for getting in touch. We would love to have you as a reviewer for the evaluating sources chapter! I’ll be in touch over email soon to sort out details :slight_smile:

@mkhetarpal I see you’ve also signed up for a chapter - thank you! I’ll be in touch with details soon.

Greetings! My name is Megan Lowe, and I signed up for the “Documenting Sources” chapter as a chapter reviewer. I would also be glad to help in any other way. My strengths lie in copyediting and proofreading, though I am willing and able to learn about formatting in Pressbooks to assist in that regard as well. I have been a peer reviewer for several journals over the years; I founded and continue to edit my own open access journal (Codex: The Chapter of the Louisiana Chapter of the ACRL); and in July I will be attending a Creative Commons Licensing certification program. I am a big proponent of OA and OERs. With regard to nursing, the university at which I work has a significant nursing program, so I have been working with nursing students in research and writing for some time now.

@meganwlowe Hi Megan, thanks for joining us! It would be great to have you review the ‘Documenting Sources’ chapter. I’ll let you know as soon as it becomes available (the author is just putting finishing touches on it, I believe). We really appreciate your offer around editing/proofreading and formatting in Pressbooks too, either of those would be a very big help. Once we’ve completed the reviews we’ll start planning these phases so let’s keep in touch. Thanks again for putting your hand up, we really appreciate it!

@lizmays
Hi Liz, I’m an Education Librarian and Assistant Professor. I’ve been teaching comprehensive literature reviews to my grad students for the past year and a half, especially using Synthesis Matrices as a process for documenting and preparing to write the review. I’d be interested in being a reviewer for the synthesis chapter, if that’s still needed. Thanks!

Hi @robertlm, thanks for getting in touch. It would be great to have you review the ‘Synthesizing Sources’ chapter! When you get a chance, could you add your name and email address to the list?

Linda is still working on the next few chapters at the moment, but I’ll be in touch once the content is ready to go. In advance of that, you can also look over our review guide and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!

Greetings! My name is Daneen Richardson, I am the Health Sciences Librarian at Western Illinois University. I have 19 years experience with nursing students at a hospital based nursing program and 5+liaison with Nursing, Kinesiology, Psychology and Health Science departments at WIU. This would be my first venture into the publishing world, I have lots of experience with APA if that is the style guide you are using. I think this is a great project. Daneen

@d-richardson2 Hi Daneen, it’s wonderful to have you join us. We’re very pleased to be your first venture into publishing, and will be happy to answer any questions you have along the way.

At this stage, we have two chapters remaining without reviewers attached, so if you’d be willing, it would be great to have you take on one of those. They are:

• Writing the literature review, and
  • Conclusions

If you’d like to claim one of these, you can add your name to the signup sheet.

Once these chapter reviews are completed and the author has addressed the feedback, we’ll likely also have an open review phase where anyone can look over the whole text and offer feedback, so that may be another way to contribute if you prefer. In any case, we’re pleased to have you on board!

It looks like you have almost all the reviewers you need-- how exciting! I added my name to the sign-up sheet but have a couple of questions regarding timeline and content for the chapter. Could we discuss a bit more via email? @zoe @lizmays

@michelle.reed Absolutely! Send me an email and we can discuss. I can say now that I usually get my hands on the outline of the chapter from Linda once she’s ready to hand it over to a reviewer, and in terms of timeline, we’re hoping to have the book ready for September, so working backwards from there we’d like to have the last reviews completed by mid-August at the latest. But let’s talk, would be great to have you involved :smile:

Hello @robertlm! I’ve just received chapter 7 from the author, a little later than expected, sorry. Would you still be willing to review it? If so, I’ll send you an email with details & access to the doc. Thanks!

Hello! Just checking in to say that we have our last couple of chapters ready to review!

@robertlm were you still interested in Chapter 7: Synthesizing Sources? If so, let me know and I’ll send you the review guide and access to the chapter. Otherwise, if it no long suits, that’s not a problem and we’ll open it up to the other reviewers.

@michelle-reed You had your name down for Chapter 8: Writing the Literature Review, but I believe you had a few questions first? Let me know if so and I’ll be happy to answer them!

And lastly, @piercejb I see you on the list for the conclusion - thank you! I’m hoping to receive that from Linda soon and will be in touch to confirm once I do.

Thanks all, will update again soon.