Questions for Apurva

Hi Apurva,

Chelsea here. I’m wondering if this is now the preferred way to contact you. If not, please direct me how you would like to be contacted. I’m not used to forums. So don’t worry if you give me too much information. I write with a few questions:

• I’m about to film Units 15-18 this week and I was wondering if the reviewer has had a chance to review Units 16, 18 and 21.

• Also, just a heads up, Farida is almost done with the cursory formatting. Soon, Nadine and I hope to contact you about formatting issues that will have to be taken care of on your end. How do you prefer we communicate the formatting details to you?

Best,
Chelsea

@cgreen Hi Chelsea! Yes, this is definitely preferred – thanks so much. You could also tag me in questions with @apurva , so I receive notifications and answer your messages quicker. :slight_smile: Please feel free to share any feedback about how you find using the forum in this thread; I understand that this is a new space for you and eager to hear your thoughts as you use it.

Thanks for the updates and the questions. My answers are below.

I’m about to film Units 15-18 this week and I was wondering if the reviewer has had a chance to review Units 16, 18 and 21.

The reviewer said they would be happy to complete the review of these units, but upon looking in Hypothes.is, I don’t see their comments (either in the Rebus Review group or the Public one). I’ve checked in with them via email to confirm whether they have completed the review as yet, and will keep you posted here as soon as I hear back.

Also, just a heads up, Farida is almost done with the cursory formatting. Soon, Nadine and I hope to contact you about formatting issues that will have to be taken care of on your end. How do you prefer we communicate the formatting details to you?

Glad to hear that Farida is nearly done with her work on the formatting issues. For now, please communicate these details in the forum (Help & Questions - Rebus Community). Once I finish the updates on my end, I will post to let you and Nadine know as well.

I’ll note that I will be out of office Dec. 14- Jan. 1, but @zoe will be able to step in to help with the formatting if we need to wrap up the work during that period.

Hope everything else is going well on your end!

@cgreen Hi Chelsea! I’ve actually heard from the reviewer regarding Units 16, 18, and 21 – unfortunately there was a delay in them getting to review the units, but it appears that they will be going through the units this week. I can keep you posted on when they complete the review in Hypothesis. You may have already completed filming for some of these units, but I thought you would want still want to gather their feedback to take into account for future editions (if not for this one).

@apurva Thank you! Yes, please let me know when the reviewer is done. I most certainly want to take his/her ideas into account. Happy 2019 by the way!

@cgreen Definitely; I will keep you posted! Happy 2019 to you too! Hope things are well on your end. :slight_smile:

@cgreen Hope you’ve had a good weekend. I’m writing to inform you that the reviewer has completed their review of Units 16, 18, and 21. You should see their comments in Hypothesis, in the Rebus Review group. If you have any trouble accessing their feedback, please let me know.

@apurva I write to give you an update on a few important developments. 1) I’ve reviewed the reviewer’s remarks for Units 16,18 and 21. They were very useful. So, thanks for making that happen! 2) Hassan and I plan to finish filming by the end of March. He is already more than halfway done editing the previously filmed units. So, we are moving along at a nice pace now. 3) Within a week or two Nadine and I plan to send you our feedback regarding your Pressbooks formatting edits. Thanks again for your help. Sadly, there are still issues that we hope to convey to you as effectively as possible. 4) I’m compiling the formal credits to be placed in the ‘Acknowledgements’ of the book and as scrolling credits in Unit 22’s video (since it is the last video of the series). Would you mind taking a look at the ‘Acknowledgements’ page on the Pressbooks platform and adding information from your end? By that I mean, would you be able to list the credits (names and description of roles) of all the REBUS participants thus far? (FYI, I plan to get similar information from the CLT team.) Also, I may need your help acquiring the names and permissions of the peer-reviewers. Some of them may want to remain anonymous. Would you mind asking them if they agree to being listed as a peer reviewer in the acknowledgements, and if so, you can either send me a list of their names, or place their names directly on the Pressbooks page? Finally, feel free to format the ‘Acknowledgements’ page as you see fit. I have no experience with that sort of thing and you may know of a nice template, etc. I’m happy to defer to you…Thanks again for EVERYTHING! Home stretch…

@cgreen Nice to hear from you – hope you and Nadine are doing well! Thanks for these updates.

1. I’ve reviewed the reviewer’s remarks for Units 16,18 and 21. They were very useful. So, thanks for making that happen!

Great to hear that their comments were useful! You’re very welcome.

1. Hassan and I plan to finish filming by the end of March. He is already more than halfway done editing the previously filmed units. So, we are moving along at a nice pace now.

Excellent. What are the next steps following the edits? Just uploading them and inserting a link to the videos in the book on Pressbooks?

1. Within a week or two Nadine and I plan to send you our feedback regarding your Pressbooks formatting edits. Thanks again for your help. Sadly, there are still issues that we hope to convey to you as effectively as possible.

Sorry to hear that there are still some issues remaining. I’ll keep an eye out for your feedback and we can go from there.

1. I’m compiling the formal credits to be placed in the ‘Acknowledgements’ of the book and as scrolling credits in Unit 22’s video (since it is the last video of the series). Would you mind taking a look at the ‘Acknowledgements’ page on the Pressbooks platform and adding information from your end? By that I mean, would you be able to list the credits (names and description of roles) of all the REBUS participants thus far? (FYI, I plan to get similar information from the CLT team.)

I’ve taken a look at the Acknowledgements, and made any necessary updates. :slight_smile: Thank you so much for listing Zoe and my names in this section; we very much appreciate it! Such a nice gesture, and also a very cool moment to see all the people who have collaborated and contributed to the making of this book.

Also, I may need your help acquiring the names and permissions of the peer-reviewers. Some of them may want to remain anonymous. Would you mind asking them if they agree to being listed as a peer reviewer in the acknowledgements, and if so, you can either send me a list of their names, or place their names directly on the Pressbooks page?

Yes – I will reach out to the peer reviewers this week and add any names to the list you already have in the Acknowledgements.

Finally, feel free to format the ‘Acknowledgements’ page as you see fit. I have no experience with that sort of thing and you may know of a nice template, etc. I’m happy to defer to you…

It looks good so far – my only suggestion will be to use heading styles instead of bold for the various sections/headings. This is also your space to include any other thanks to the people/organizations who you felt helped with the project – family, other staff in your department at AUC, etc. So feel free to include what you think is necessary!

Thanks again for EVERYTHING! Home stretch…

Thanks goes to you, Nadine, and the others at the CLT! We’re almost there!

@cgreen I’ve reached out to all the reviewers today, and will keep you posted on what they say!

@apurva Thank you!

1 Like

Looping back on this too – I’ve heard from a few more reviewers, and updated the Acknowledgements accordingly! If I hear from any more, I’ll continue to make the updates, but for now I think we’re set on this section.