Seeking Personal Guidance

Hi Monica, Bryan and Apurva,
As I asked in our last session, I am working essentially alone as Project Manager for our OER, I am wondering if I could book 1 of you for a 1 hour session to help guide my next steps and make sure I’m on the right path. I have enjoyed the more general sessions in the program, but I think a 1-on-1 would be really helpful for me at this stage.
So far I have a draft outline, 2 key collaborators interested in content authoring and review, plus a few parents providing feedback on the original program.
The date of release is slated for Spring 2022.
Thanks for getting back to me, and for any help you can provide. :slight_smile:
Jessie

Hi Jessie, it sounds like you’ve made a lot of progress so far! If you’re comfortable sharing the draft outline, please do upload it to your Resources block on the project homepage.

As some next steps, I’d encourage you to meet with your team @zoe and @roxanne on:

• an author guide to share with the collaborators
  • a model chapter in Pressbooks (so you also know what the final resource can look like)
  • an author call to discuss in-depth the content that will be in various ‘chapters’

I imagine with your various skillsets and roles, you can distribute this work amongst yourselves. Resources for creating these documents should be in the “Content Creation” unit of our curriculum.

Down the road, it will be good to create a review guide for the parents or coordinators who will be reviewing your resource.

Given that we’re moving into the monthly check-in phase, with meetings every month, I can fully understand the need to want to touch base 1-on-1. It’s a different cadence to get used to after our weekly meetings. What’s helpful from the cohort perspective is to see the questions, challenges, etc. posted in the forum or discussed during those monthly sessions so we can learn from one another — in most cases, the obstacles faced by one team are usually common to others too. So if you feel comfortable sharing more questions here in the forum, please do so and we (including other cohort members) can answer. Alternatively, as a next step, I would suggest you regroup with your @homeathome-team and then if questions still arise, get in touch with us to see how we can support you further.

1 Like