Session 7: Content Creation (May 2024 B Cohort)

Hello @may24b-cohort ,

I want to remind you that we’ll be meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, July 16, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. Central for our next session: Content Creation.

Here are some key links for the session:

See you tomorrow!

Content Creation Working Document

Hello @may24b-cohort,

Thanks for a great session today! Below is brief recap and all the resources related to the session for your reference. I encourage you to take look at the chat transcript if you didn’t get to take a close look at it during the session because there were a lot of excellent suggestions about authentic learning assessments during our discussion:

The creation of content is one of the most important stages in the process. The work you do in this phase can make the next phases of editing, review, and formatting much easier. As OER content creators or contributors, your project teams can change the status quo in education.

With your student audience at the core of your efforts, you can develop both OER and specific pedagogical methods that in synthesis will work to support accessible, equitable, and inclusive learning. Well-structured content not only helps your students identify what matters to the discipline and specific courses, but also what matters to them. Thus we looked closely how specific elements in textbooks/OER can work to represent and support your diverse learners on the book and chapter levels.

Homework Activity

Thinking through the structure of your OER will take some time and dedication, but we hope that the homework activity will guide your team’s discussion around the structure and parts in your resource [see handout linked above]. It will help you redefine the alignment of your content with the envisioned outcomes for your project, so you can determine the parts that will further enrich your OER and make it stand out within your discipline. Feel free to browse the examples shared in your handout for inspiration as well.

It’s hard to believe it, but next week is already our last session in Phase 1! We’ll dig a bit deeper into the editing process and how you can set up an equitable workflow and smooth logistics that includes checklists, tracking sheets, and an author guide to orientate everybody on your team.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. See you all next week!

1 Like

OER Template Working Document

Content Creation #2 Working Document
Hopefully this document is available to allow changes.
Thank you all for your continued support and pattience.
Ms. Milton

I successfully uploaded this document to make edit changes by answering the questions.
I also uploaded the OER Template so that Medical Surgery II Cohort Teachers can begin to edit on this document.
Thanks,
Ms. Milton

This link is for the Practical Nursing Cohort’s OER Structure template living document.

Dear colleague,
I am wondering if I received this email by mistake? I am in the microbiology for nursing group.

Sincerely,
Illya

While I am not 100% certain, it is my understanding we may receive email notifications regarding OER posts in rebus, regardless of the cohort making the post. I hope this helps.

Yes, the default settings are for all cohort members to receive notifications about posts in their cohort category — however you can adjust your preferences! Just go to your profile in the top-right hand corner and click on preferences to adjust your settings.

1 Like

Good evening,
Am I just missing the zoom recording link for this session? I cannot seem to find it and would like to review it if possible. Thank you!

@tgauna1, links to all of the session recordings get added to the Events and Milestones document as they become available.

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

I hope you are doing well! Do we have a meeting today? I apologize! I do know that we are meeting with you in September for the Intro to PNs.

Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Angie Shoemake

Hi Angie,

No apologies necessary! There’s no meeting today. Our next one will be the 1:1 team meeting in September. Let me know if there’s anything you need in the meantime. Thanks!

Take care,
Bryan

Thanks so much Bryan,
Since school started, I feel a little out of whack, lol.

Thank you so much!

Angie

1 Like