Team Meet & Greet – CCRJ 1013 Intro to Criminal Justice

Welcome to Introduction to CCRJ 1013 Intro to Criminal Justice

Please use the Storytelling & Communications Template introduced in Session 3 to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members.

My name is Pamela Simek and I am the Criminal Justice Program Director for Bossier Parish Community College in Bossier City, LA. I have been a criminal justice instructor since 2005. I retired after 44 years of service in law enforcement. I am very interested in OER and bringing it to the Introduction to Criminal Justice course. My goal for this project is to build an online course that incorporates material to include criminal justice majors and general studies majors.

I’m Chantel Dufrene Chauvin and I am a Sociologist and Criminologist at Louisiana State University A&M- Baton Rouge. I have been teaching in this discipline since 2009. I have had the opportunity to teach Introduction to Criminal Justice at all the levels of higher education over the years- as a HS dual enrollment class, at a local community college, at LSU and with LSU Online. I’m looking forward to creating content that is informative, specific to our culture in Louisiana, and accessible to everyone who wants to learn the content in ways that are relatable to their lives.

My name is Brandon Hamann. I am a Research Criminologist and an Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice at Dillard University in New Orleans. I teach a variety of courses from Intro to CJ to Criminological Theory and Public Policy. I also edit and format books and professional journals for the Dillard Center for Racial Justice. I’m looking forward to making this curriculum accessible to dual-enrollment high school students.