Team Meet & Greet - CMAT 1213 College Algebra

Welcome to CMAT 1213 College Algebra!

Please use the Storytelling & Communications Template introduced in Session 3 to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members.

I am Prakash Ghimire. I received my Ph.D. in mathematics from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, in 2016. Currently, I am working as an Associate Professor of Mathematics at Louisiana State University at Alexandria (LSUA). I have taught many undergraduate mathematics courses in face-to-face and online formats. So far, I have taught Applied Algebra and Collage Algebra using Open Educational Resources at LSUA. The OER that I am using in my classes not only helps students in reducing their textbook expenses but also helps them to obtain excellent outcomes in their classes. So, I decided to join the College Algebra Cohort to develop the College Algebra OER to help undergraduate students from all over the world academically and financially.

I am an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at River Parishes Community College in Gonzales, LA. I have enjoyed teaching College Algebra, Finite Math, Contemporary Math and Statistics over the past 10 years. I am an advocate of Open Education Resources as a path for students to reach their educational goals.
As a side benefit of this project, I am interested in the networking that expand my current reach of OER resources.

I am Dr. Cynthia Singleton, Professor of Mathematics. I have been teaching Mathematics at Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) for over 24 years and teaching for Southern University at Shreveport in Louisiana for at least 6 years. I earned my Ph.D. in Science and Mathematics Education at Southern University A & M, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have been teaching SUNO’s Dual Enrollment or Early Start classes for at least 5 years. My goal is to assist in developing excellence resources for OER concerning College Algebra. These resources will sustain students educationally and financially.