Team Meet & Greet: Mathematics for the People: Quantitative Literacy for Social Justice

Welcome to Mathematics for the People: Quantitative Literacy for Social Justice!

Take a moment to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members. We look forward to working with you on this exciting project.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I would love to learn more about your project - Is this a K12 resource or for college students?

Kind regards,
Denise

Hi Denise - this project is aimed at university freshmen in non-STEM majors. If you’re looking for a similar K-12 resource, I can point you to some (both OER and non-OER). There’s actually been a lot of work done on this for K-12, but not much for college - that’s part of the reason why we’re launching this project.

I’m excited for this project! As someone who teaches a “Social Justice by the Numbers” course at my own college as a first-year seminar, this book seems perfect for me.

I would be happy to help with classroom testing, potentially resource authoring, and related!

I’ve added this as a pending resource in my folder of open-access resources for teaching postsecondary math for social justice.

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile: I work w/ college students mostly in pre-college level (“developmental”) courses … I’ll be sharing these resources :slight_smile: