Who is in the October 2022 D Cohort?

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa Namikas. I teach History at BRCC, Baton Rouge Community College. I’ve been there for 7 years and love it. I participated in the World History OER cohorts last year. The cohorts shared a great friendship and we worked together to build our OERs and class material. I look forward to continuing this year with Western Civ.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, and apologies for the late posting.

My name is Peter Yaukey, and I am a Professor at University of Holy Cross in New Orleans. I am in the World Regional Geography cohort. I am looking forward to developing high quality World Regional Geography course materials that students can acquire free of charge, making collegiate education in geography more accessible to them!

I

1 Like

Hello everyone, sorry for the very late post. My name is Neusa H. McWilliams I teach Human/Cultural Geography at BRCC, mostly teaching dual enrollment online classes. I have taught geography for over 20 years but the last 5 primarily online. I am interested in developing relevant, hands-on, and inclusive OER content for dual enrollment classes, especially for young students still in middle school or freshmen high school students.

I am in two Cohorts, World Geography and Human Geography

1 Like

Thanks for this update, Neusa. OER developed for dual enrollment courses seems especially urgent these days. I’m excited to see how you incorporate that unique audience into your strategic vision and, ultimately, the OER textbook itself.

1 Like

Hi! I am Sherman Houston. I am an instructor of History at Southern University in Shreveport, La. I am in the Western Civilization II cohort. I recently participated in Western Civ. cohort where we developed a textbook. I am glad to be back and work with you all on this current project.

1 Like

I am excited to help develop OER that will help our dual enrollment students!

1 Like

Hello, sorry for being a bit late to the game! I’m Victoria Palmisano and I’m a long-time adjunct at Nunez Community College where I teach in Business. I was at Nunez for about 5 years before relocating to Wisconsin, where I oversee the business programs at Edgewood College in Madison. I’m very excited to be a part of this project as I frequently interact with students at both colleges who struggle with access to course materials due to cost issues.

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Molly McGraw. I am a Professor of Geography at Southeastern in Hammond. I am excited about working on this project. I know a few of you and look forward to getting to know the rest.

1 Like

Welcome to our cohort, @vpalmisano:slight_smile:

It’s nice to meet you, Molly. Welcome!

Hi All,
I am really sorry for getting this late. I got sick right when this was starting up and I am recovering from long covid! My name is Corey David Hotard, I teach Geography and Anthropology courses at South Louisiana Community College in Lafayette and New Iberia, LA. I am also working on my second MA in Classical Studies so brushing up on my Ancient Greek (my favorite word is πασκω which means “I suffer”, apropos for this semester)! I am really interested in learning more about OER which is why I signed up for this mainly because textbooks cannot keep up with real world geography. I do not have much experience with OER but willing to do the work to help the college and students!

1 Like

Welcome to the OER gang!

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is intended solely for the use of the Addressee(s) and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and/or EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message, whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments and immediately contact the sender by replying to this email or contact the sender at the telephone numbers listed above. Thank you!

1 Like