Who is in the July 2022 M-1 cohort?

Please share a brief introduction with the cohort, including your role in the project and the vision you have for it.

Vanessa Martínez, from Holyoke Community College, working on a local and equity minded adaptation to an OER cultural anthropology text. I am a medical anthropologist and am working on activities that are interdisciplinary, equity focused and culturally responsive for my sabbatical. I am looking forward to collaborating with others, including colleagues and students on the book. I want it to be engaging for students and a living document that can be revised at any moment based on new information.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Sean Casey. I’m a new librarian at Holyoke Community College (and new to OER!), and am excited to supporting various OER projects at HCC! Prior to my work as a librarian, I taught courses in first-year composition at a number of institutions in Western Mass, including Westfield State, HCC, and University of Massachusetts.

2 Likes

Hello, Im Demetrios Brellas from Framingham State University. I am an Anthropologist, more specifically an Archaeologist and have been heavily involved in teaching early college and dual enrollment courses to first generation, immigrant HS students in the MetroWest area. Im currently planning on adapting an OER text for Cultural Anthropology which focuses on this community. Im looking forward to get to know more about this program and all of you!

2 Likes

Hi, everyone! My name is Idoia Martínez-del Mozo, I’m a full-time lecturer at Emmanuel College in Boston. I teach Spanish in the Modern Languages department. I’ll be working with colleagues from Holyoke Community College and UMass Amherst to create an OER book for heritage language courses. The goal is to have the Spanish heritage speaker population in our area, in Western Massachusetts, represented in the book so that our students can see themselves and their culture represented in the textbook.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m part of the local support team at Framingham State University, where I am a Scholarly Communications Librarian (and the OER liaison).

1 Like