Who is in the July 22 M-2 cohort?

Please share a brief introduction with the cohort, including your role in the project and the vision you have for it.

Hey there. This is Mary Ann Barbato from Fitchburg State University. I am adapting portions from a few different OER resources to create a DEI OER text for a course I teach: Informal Mathematical Modeling, an algebra based modeling course designed for future elementary school teachers.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m Emily Butler, the Outreach & OER librarian at STCC, supporting Sandy Garvey’s project. I hope to help in any way I can.

1 Like

Hi, I work for the ROTEL grant . Let me know if you have any questions about the grant, or Rebus, or any tools. If I don’t know, I can find out for you.

1 Like

Hello, all! Very excited to get to know and work with you. I am an Associate Professor of English Studies and Chair of the General Education Program Area at Fitchburg State University. I am working on two projects (yes, I’m that person!): one on cultural heritage for first-year writing courses and one on a guide to the significance of general education courses. Just a note: I’m incredibly grateful for the awesome Fitchburg State team supporting me!

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m Connie Strittmatter, Strategic Projects Librarian at Fitchburg State University. I am part of the support team for both Mary Ann Barbato and Kisha Tracy. I’m looking forward to working with them and the rest of the support team (Rachel Graddy and Ralph Fasano)

Hi all! I’m Eliza Bobek, the Director of the Center for Teaching Innovation at Salem State, supporting Jeramie and Kathleen with their project.

Chiming in here. I’m Ralph Fasano, Director of Digital Learning at Fitchburg State. Also supporting Kisha’s project.

Hello everyone! I’m Sandy Garvey. I teach in the Early Childhood Education Department at Springfield Technical Community College. My project will focus on establishing Open Education Resources for a course I have taught for many years, Early Language and Literacy Development. Out of all the courses I have taught, it is the one I am most passionate about. I am looking forward to putting materials together that the students will find exciting!

Hello all,
Just seeing that the intro I thought I posted many weeks ago did not go through.
I am Kathleen Schlenz, one of 6 authors from Salem State University OT Department working together on publishing an OER workbook that is aimed at supporting student success in developing culturally relevant professional behaviors by meeting the diverse teaching and learning needs of faculty, students, fieldwork educators, clinicians, administrators, and researchers across a wide variety of disciplines and professions. It will guide the user through reflective practice exercises aimed at fostering the professional behaviors necessary to provide culturally relevant, responsive, evidence-based, and client-centered care. I am looking forward to learning with all of you!