December Monthly Check-in

@may20-cohort thanks to all who joined our check-in last week! @geripalmer, @wernerwestermannj, we missed hearing from you both, so if you have an update that you’d like to share with the cohort, please post it here.

Some important notes from our discussion:

• This was our last session this year. We’ll continue in 2021 with a check-in on January 5th at 3:30pm ET. I’d imagine it might be easier to meet before you all get caught up in the start of semester rush, but if anyone has a conflict with this date, please me know
  • November was a big month for open education conferences, and there were a few presentations by cohort members that I want to highlight: K-12 Open Textbooks: Time Has Come by Werner at OE Global 2020.
  • The Maryland Open Source Textbook Initiative is coordinating with Rebus to host a series of webinars on open education. I’ll get in touch with @RobinArmstrong, @mbranson & @zmtownsend so you all can get a chance to speak about your projects during some of these sessions. Stay tuned!
  • For those of you who are planning to turn to your projects during your break, please make sure to build in time for some self-care! This way, you can come back refreshed and reenergized in the new year.

Chat Transcript and Resources

As usual, I’ve saved our chat transcript which you can review. Here’s a roundup of resources shared:

Lastly, let’s take a moment to pause and notice that we’ve passed the halfway mark in our year together! I’m very pleased at how far we’ve come as a group, and how your individual projects are progressing. I look forward to continuing the journey in the new year. Happy holidays, and wish you all a happy new year!