Fourth Monthly Check-in - December

Hi @may21-cohort, I’m just planting a seed for next Thursday, December 16th. This will be our final check-in of 2021–and about the halfway point for our monthly part of the Rebus program. I look forward to chatting about your updates and figuring out goals for the months and semester ahead.

One more thing: Here’s the poll for our Spring monthly check-in times. If you haven’t yet selected your preferences, please do so soon. I’ll also point you to the link when we meet next time.

Have a great weekend!

Joel

1 Like

Goal 1: Finish up last chapter.
Goal 2: Write assignment for my cognitive students to pilot.
Goal 3: Start the import process into Pressbooks.

2 Likes

Our goal for this month is to continue to work on accessibility. Tracy and I will meet to make sure we transition smoothly as we switch who will be leading this effort. We will start to work on some additional chapters for our text too.

2 Likes

-Polish the pressbook version.

• Add some H5P activities.
2 Likes

Check in with everyone in the new year to hear where their project stands.
Hold second Pressbooks training.

2 Likes

1). Finish writing Chapter 2
2). Import Chapter 2 into Pressbooks
3). Start writing Chapter 3 (want to have Chapter 3 at least 25% done by January 25th).

2 Likes

Goal for December: Continue transferring textbook content to Pressbook, start reviewing accessibility.

1 Like

One of my goals on the Rebus side with @gladja0 is to share an update about the monthly schedule so the program is serving and supporting everyone in the right ways!

1 Like

Thanks for the December check-in, @may21-cohort. Those who were able to join provided excellent updates. I’m keeping this message succinct because I want to draw attention to the poll for our Spring monthly check-in times. If you haven’t yet completed that poll, please take a few seconds to do so as soon as you can.

During December’s checkin we discussed plans for the Spring facilitation. All of those who attended expressed interest in a blend of more private one-on-one sessions and group discussion. We’ll have more information about that option in the next few weeks. For now, we’re trying to firm up the monthly schedule.

Also, I hope you’re able to take an actual break soon (hopefully now). Happy holidays!

1 Like