General Project Info: Peer Review for Open Textbooks

Hi, interested in being part of the working group, yet May 3 does not work. Look forward to hearing the recording - thanks.

Hi Howard,

We will be sure to share a recap after the event!

Best,
Liz

@zoe Iā€™m interested in participating.

Wonderful, thanks @rashford! If you can make it, our first meeting will be Wednesday, May 3 from 3-4 p.m. EST. The link to join the call will be https://zoom.us/j/534522500

If that doesnā€™t suit, weā€™ll make notes & hopefully a recoridng available after the fact.

I would be happy to participate.

@julie.laubach Thanks Julie, itā€™d be great to have you join us. As above, our first meeting will be this Wednesday from 3-4 p.m. EST but weā€™ll make notes & hopefully a recording available after the fact if you canā€™t make it.

The link to join the call will be https://zoom.us/j/534522500

Hi everyone! Ahead of our call tomorrow, weā€™ve put together a bit of an agenda to look over. It indicates the areas weā€™d like to discuss, but please add to or comment on the document if you have other ideas of what this group should be considering.

For those of you unable to attend, we will post a recording & notes here in the next few days and welcome your input as we continue the discussion.

As a reminder, the link for the call is https://zoom.us/j/534522500. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow at 3pm EST!

Just saw this report on the future of peer review from BioMed Central and Digital Science. At first glance it seems pretty open to fresh thinking so it might be a good point of reference for Our conversation tomorrow. Peter.

Thanks @pjp33, have added them to the agenda to share. Talk to you soon!

Thanks for hosting the call again today @hugh @zoe @klaurits.

I found this documents of notes from the FORCE16 conference session on Open Peer Review: http://bit.ly/force2016peerreview

The bottom of the doc includes a substantial reading list on the evolution of peer review, and how open peer review is being done in the academic journal space. Worth a look!

1 Like

@wmeinke Thanks for sharing, Billy! Iā€™m going to start looking at some of the listed resources.

I was out of the office on Wednesday, but Iā€™ve read the notes from the first meeting and would like to participate in future meetingsā€“I look forward to the recording!

Hi @cenickerson We will make sure you are included in discussions going forward. Video and recap should be available early next week, and will be posted here.

Hi all! After our call last week, weā€™ve spent a bit of time breaking out a few tasks for this group that we think will move us forward in developing a smart approach to OT peer review. If one or more of them take your fancy, head on over and give us your thoughts!

Group 1: Open Textbook Review Board
Group 2: Defining Categories of Review
Group 3: Environmental Scan of Peer Review Tools, Processes & Research
Group 4: Creating Standard Markers for OT Review
Group 5: Recognition for Reviewers

For those of you who missed our meeting last week, hereā€™s what you need to catch up:

Meeting recap (including video)
Meeting notes (a little messy, but more detailed that the written recap above)

And you can always reach out to the rest of the group here if you have any questions or want to continue the conversation.

Looking forward to speaking with you all again soon.

1 Like

@mtorzar It does! Iā€™m from New Zealand originally, so have had a few early morning/late night calls in my time. We work on the principle that as much as possible of what we do should be asynchronous for exactly this reason though, so if thereā€™s anything else we can do to help you loop in, just say the word. Looking forward to seeing you in one of our new groups!

I would be happy to participate in any of these groups. This is a great initiative. Samantha

@professorsv Thanks Samantha, great to have you with us.

Hi Folks - Iā€™d love to be part of this project - Sherri Melrose, Faculty of Health Disciplines, Athabasca University

@sherrim Thanks Sherri, weā€™d love to have you join us. You can catch up on our last meeting here if you like, and have a look at our new mini-groups:

Group 1: Open Textbook Review Board
Group 2: Defining Categories of Review
Group 3: Environmental Scan of Peer Review Tools, Processes & Research
Group 4: Creating Standard Markers for OT Review
Group 5: Recognition for Reviewers

Let me know if you have any questions!

Yes, I would like to participate. Thanks.