Global Perspectives on Gender: Check-in

Hi @allisonbrown, @ktanelson, and Nadine!

Hope you’re doing well. I wanted to check-in and see how you all are liking the new project home and discussion space. Do you have any questions, or require any assistance as you get set up?

I see that you’ve posted your draft Table of Contents, as well as a Call for Reviewers. Let us know if you’d like us to share this call in our channels, and we’d be happy to do so.

We look forward to seeing your team grow, and supporting the project as it progresses!

1 Like

Hi @apurva! Thanks for checking in!

We’d love for you to circulate the call for reviewers–is there any other info you need from us?

Excellent! Could you share the call in this thread here: Spread the word in the Rebus Community newsletter? @LeighKP will schedule it to our various channels.

That’s about it! :smiley:

I’ll be there (Spread the word in the Rebus Community newsletter) watching. Our next newsletter goes out Thursday May 16th around 11am EST.

1 Like

Hi @allisonbrown, I saw your CFP in the Listserv! I was about to share your last CFP through the newsletter that comes out on July 25th, but wanted to check-in first to see if you had any updates or edits for the CFP.

Thanks, Leigh! We’d love for the call to be circulated again: Here is the most recent text (feel free to cut down as needed):

Will do! It would appear that the text wasn’t attached to the above response. I’ll share widely when that’s available.

Weird! I guess quotes in Gmail don’t come through to the platform…Here it is:

We are seeking chapter reviewers for an advanced-level open textbook tentatively titled “Global Perspectives on Gender.”
This textbook takes a regional approach to examining gendered lives from a social science perspective (primarily anthropological). Chapters highlight individual contributor’s research, contextualizing their findings within specific geographic regions. View the draft Table of Contents here.
We expect the commitment for reading and commenting to be during Aug-Sept, 2019. Peer-reviewers will receive a modest honorarium upon successful completion of their contributions.
If interested, please fill out this form, or contact me with a CV at browna@geneseo.edu.
More about the project can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11HnJyHZdL_QN8Qg8xf0rHKQZ5tozRiUy/view?usp=sharing
Thank you, and feel free to share widely!

Fabulous! Thank you!