Pressbooks Access Instructions

Hello, @may21-cohort! We’ve started this thread for those of you who would like to get Pressbooks access through our Rebus Press. If you would like access, please respond to this thread with the preferred book URL. This will follow the format: press.rebus.community/yourtext

You will receive emails notifying you that your account and book has been created. Once you’ve logged in, you will be able to add additional teammates to your book. Please contact us if you have any trouble adding teammates to your book.

To get started, we highly encourage you to attend 2 webinars from Pressbooks to get familiar with the platform and specifically the educational features available. They offer monthly webinars on a rotational basis that you can take advantage of.

As you work in Pressbooks, you should also consult:

1 Like

Hi @me.monicabrown,

Yes, please! Thank you.

I’d like mine to be press.rebus.community/cogpsychandyou

2 Likes

Hi, Katrina!

We’ve set you up with an account and book. You should have received an email from pressbooks@press.rebus.community with your username and a link to set up your account, and a second email notifying you that you’ve been added to your book. If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

I’ll also just note that we strongly recommend folks register for the 2 Pressbooks webinars that provide an introduction to the platform and the educational features available. In addition, feel free to consult any of these resources:

I hope this information is helpful!

1 Like

Hi Monica, I’m interested in this access. My preferred URL is press.rebus.community/ci_disease_pubhealth

Thanks!

Hi, Brandye!

You should be all set up now. Keep an eye out for two emails: 1 containing your username and information to set up your account and 1 notifying you of the creation of your book. Underscores are not allowed in the URL so I did change them to hyphens - I hope that’s okay! If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

1 Like

Hello Monica,

thank you for arranging this. I would like the url of my book to be: worldhum

with warm wishes,
Václav

@me.monicabrown, I’m having a really hard time inviting Mariann Hawken to my book. I’ve tried to add her as a new user, and it keeps telling me “Sorry, that email address is not allowed.” So, then, I was thinking she was an existing user, and that didn’t work either.

How can we get her added? Her email address is mariannhawken@umbc.edu

Hi @me.monicabrown,

press.rebus.community/EM_TheoryAndApplications

Best,
NM

It should be up and working now (I had to add the domain to our press’ allowed emails list). I’ve added her as a user, and she should have received info to create her account and a notification with confirmation link for joining your book.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if anything else comes up.

You should be all set up now, Nicholas. Keep an eye out for two emails: 1 containing your username and information to set up your account and 1 notifying you of the creation of your book. Underscores are not allowed in the URL so I did change them to hyphens - I hope that’s okay! Your URL is: press.rebus.community/em-theoryandapplications

I’ll also just note that we strongly recommend folks register for the 2 Pressbooks webinars that provide an introduction to the platform and the educational features available. In addition, feel free to consult any of these resources:

I hope this information is helpful!

Thank you so much, Monica!

Hi Monica,

Hook us up with pressbooks! Thanks! We’ll take press.rebus.community/guwen

1 Like

Also, do you guys provide us with an H5P account? Sorry if I missed that somewhere.

1 Like

Hi, Andy!

We’ve set you up with an account and book. You should have received an email from pressbooks@press.rebus.community with your username and a link to set up your account, and a second email notifying you that you’ve been added to your book. You should be able to add any additional collaborators, but if you run into trouble just let me know!

In terms of H5P, you can embed them into your Pressbooks but I believe you will need to create your own H5P account. I hope that info helps!

Enjoy getting started!

Thanks Monica! Did / does Kongmei also have access? Thanks again.

Andy

Thanks for flagging that, Andy. I’ve created a Pressbooks account for @kongmeinj and have added her to your book as an administrator. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

FYI - you should be able to add other users to the book (besides Mei) if you would like. If you run into any trouble when adding new users, just send us a message on the forum here and we’ll sort it out. :slight_smile:

press.rebus.community/Co-requisiteStatistics

Monica,

I am a little behind with choosing where to build my content (other than my google drive), but I think Pressbooks would be the best fit for me.

Thanks!
Jessica

Hi, Jessica.

No worries! I’ve gone ahead and set you up with an account and book. You should have received an email from pressbooks@press.rebus.community with your username and a link to set up your account, and a second email notifying you that you’ve been added to your book. You should be able to add any additional collaborators, but if you run into trouble just let me know!

It is helpful to attend the 2 free Pressbooks webinars that provide an introduction to the platform and the educational features available. You may also want to bookmark some of these resources as you get familiar with the tool:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Thanks! Do you know how long it takes to receive the email from pressbooks@press.rebus.community?