Project Idea Based on March 10 Meeting

Jonathan,

I would say at this stage we are thinking about creating a course (the team can correct me if I am wrong). We don’t feel there is something that already exists
but there are several courses that have some of the pieces we need. For example, Math 123 has some of the pieces, Math 130 Finite Math has some of the pieces, and Jessica knows a few courses at ISU that has some of the pieces – a mathematical thinking course
and an honors course related to career development. We are also looking for other course that might have some pieces we need.

We have created a google docs where we are each going to list the topics we want for the course, the main objectives we want for the course, and how we think
we would assess the main objectives. We will then look at the lists and find commonalities that will lead to our final list of topics, objectives, and assessments.

I just talked to Gary Thomas, a math instructor at CWI, that is interested in our project. He almost applied for the fellowship but could not see how he could
pilot a course. I told him about the Rebus Training we do on Wednesday morning at 7:00 AM and he said he would like to attend the trainings. Would that be possible for him to do?

His name is Gary Thomas and his e-mail address is:
garythomas@cwi.edu

Thanks.

image001.png