Session 1: Introductions

Hi, my name is Becky Dubois; I am going on my 25th year as an instructor at UL Lafayette in the Hospitality Management program. I’m part of the Food Safety and Sanitation cohort. This is my first OER program, so I am looking forward to learning more about developing OER courses and contributing to my team.

Hello! My name is Lauren Johnson and I’m a math instructor at Southeastern Louisiana University. This is my first OER project, and I am excited to collaborate with my group to create Applied Algebra resources for students.

I am Abiodun Raufu, an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice at Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have been assigned to the Corrections cohort. I previously taught at Texas Southern University. Before then, I was a Correctional Officer and later a Parole Officer in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. I am happy to be part of this noble project.

Hello! My name is Alin Basgul Yigiter. I am currently a faculty at South Louisiana Community College. I am a retired full professor in medicine Licensed in Istanbul Turkey. I am thrilled and excited to be a part of this amazing project. I would love to be in a team to create a wonderful source for Human nutrition. We know that most preventable diseases can be treated with healthy nutrition and lifestyle. This project is goanna increase the number of students who can spread the word about food and health relationship, and it would be very beneficial to our community. I believe the best and most painless treatment is to prevent disease rather than treating them with medicine and surgeries. I hate seeing people suffering from diseases. I believe this collective work will increase my experience, vision and learnings about human nutrition.
My background is Fourteen years of experience as a lecturer in obstetrics and gynecology in medical faculties. I have been honored to teach and work as a lecturer to medical students, residents, health technicians, nurses, and midwives in both clinical, laboratory, and theoretical settings. Clinical experience as a medical doctor in obstetrics and gynecology since 1995. Clinical Experience in Fetal and Maternal Medicine(perinatology) since 2003. Became an associate professor in 2007 and a full professor in 2014. After moving to Lafayette, I am honored to teach at SLCC as an adjunct instructor followed by full time faculty from 2020 to 2024. I have been humbled by being a chapter author of published medical books and published and cited SSCI indexed articles.

Hello everyone,

My name is Mahmoud Habibnezhad and I am an assistant professor at LSU in the department of construction management. This is the first time that I am participating in open source textbook program and I hope I can leverage my experience and background in construction safety to contribute to this effort.

Hi,

My name is Franklyn Scott and I am an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at SUNO. This is my second time participating in OER. I am hoping to learn more about OER and I am eager to edit or create another textbook.

Hi, I’m John Kozar, Asst Professor in Culinary Arts at Nicholls State University. Looking forward to working with the group.

Hello,
I am Ashley Ojo, an Associate Professor of Psychology and the Interim Chair of the Social Science Department at Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO). I created an Introduction to Psychology OER course and edited an OER textbook as a previous Introduction to Psychology cohort member. I am looking forward to participating in the criminology cohort.

Hello, I am Chenetra Hall Phillips, a Professor at River Parish Community College. I am excited to be a part of the team.

My name is Bill Thibodeaux. I am an Associate Professor in Culinary Arts at Nicholls State University. I was a part of the Culinary Arts team at Nicholls that created ten OER course texts essentially making the Associate of Science degree text free. I have also created senior level OERs as well. I’m looking forward to creating a new Food Safety and Sanitation OER with our great team!