@IdahoLanguages-team, @CALL-team: You may be interested to hear that the Open Language Resource Center (OLRC) and the Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning (COERLL), is organizing the first ever conference on open educational resources (OER) specifically for language learning. It will take place on March 6.
Instructors of all languages are welcome to attend, and hear how language faculty and other advocates in the open education movement are:
- creating customized lessons, modules, and textbooks,
- involving students in developing resources,
- bringing more authentic, inclusive, and culturally relevant content into the classroom,
- engaging the community,
- training a new generation of teachers,
- making course materials affordable,
- following best practices in licensing and fair use.
Languages represented include Chinese, French, German, Italian, Kiswahili, Korean, K’iche’, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
Registration is free but closes on March 4! See registration details on the conference website.